This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 41247

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6  
MrPeabody

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   10:58 AM     

He talks smack about Hondas, yet look what he drives. LOL, better go buy another Skyline and "trick it out."

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
BlownGTP

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   12:47 PM     

no comment

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   2:51 PM     

(you know nothing about XD's i've lived round em all my life, i know what they can do ya can't judge a car until ya know it'most people in here have never even seen a XD at alone know much about it', 'all cars can be smoked at one time in there life').
well say all you want as i said im not going to keep this convo going i could say alot but im not going to, i like my car weather you like it or not thats your problem, im making it faster...Even if this law does come into place, my cars here to stay.

Storm
BlownGTP

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   4:38 PM     

Hey storm buddy, I hope you arent talking to me. My comment was about Hondahhhhhhs! I hate um. I like your car much better even just by the picture.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   6:59 PM     

nah, i wasn't talking to you, but thanks for the comment anyway.

Storm
Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Nov 14, 03   11:58 PM     

ok I can clear up all of this once and for all. Mad Max drove a XB Falcon GT with a Weiand 6-71 Supercharger (although I don't think it was functional)

SO, The Civics, Integras, RSXs, NSXs and (my favorite) Oydessys can be faster than any and all of the Falcons Mad Max's car is still going to run them off the road and shoot you in the face.

actually I just want to say that it doesn't matter. No I don't think that XD is a beautiful car but I'll admit that he keeps it clean and takes pride in it. I do the same with my van.... well it's pretty filthy right now.

However the whole Falcon DX vs Honda things seems a little dumb to me. You can't say that. It's all about what you do with a car. I have a van that owns just about anything stock in the 1/4, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't come out with a car that began even slower than mine and have it kick my ass one day.

I just think that this fight is a little pointless and don't get why Storm has so much hate for Honda. I mean how can you HATE a car company? ok... I actually hate KIA but that's it.

anyway that's my two cents.... well more like a buck fifty.

uglystick
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 17, 03   10:44 AM     

ahhhh the road warrior.

best shot in the whole film was the brake drum through the windshield.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   7:41 PM     

Yes i thought it was pointless thats why i was trying to stop it, i could see it happening from the start.
For the Record:
I've heard alot about mad max film but...., i never got to watch it, maybe i should go out and rent it, lol.
And all the i take pride in my thingo, well i take pride in the photo's but not in real life, at the moment it's sat there under the cover since it got painted trying not to let anyone see it, lol, it needs a buff baddly it's shrinking (stoped now) and i'll sand it back with a little bit of 2000 then buff it, but even then in the pics you don't see the little dents i left here and there on the left hand front and right hand rear door, lol, it looks ok tho for what it is and it's age, but i don't take to much pride in it, thats why im thinking of selling it, there's alot of things on it that have happen and i don't wanna fix it all, really i want something older to be plain, i was thinking about soaror and stuff but nah, im in one of those old car moods at the moment, im thinking of 2 things.
1) keep my car and spend alot on it to do it up
2) Buy a 71 XY Falcon that needs a resto maybe, we'll see if i can get one that don't need a resto for cheap.
i was thinking of importing a 67 -69 mustang but i don't want to go and try find one, then import one and at the end it's going to cost lots of money that i'd rather spend on a XY or my car.
im having a look round for a XY at the moment and i'll see if i want to buy one or not, really i don't want to sell my XD coz i do like it, but i know lots of things on it are really starting to stuff up(more body work then anything in the next few months or 1 or 2 years, not engine wise, the engine is very fine and good, im not 100% sure the body work is going to stuff but, im guessing it will i just did it pretty bad job im some ways i was in a hurry and had a limited time and money at the time so i did a fast job on it, but it could hold up for a long time i don't know.XY's are very nice powerful cars, they have more then double the power of my car but i think they are a little heavyer, not sure i'll check after.
What to you think i should get a XY and resto it good and make it better and faster or keep my XD and spend alot of money on it to make it faster and better?, the XY's look better and more powerful stock but The XD i already have, the XY i don't.

Here's a pic of an XY if you not sure what they look like:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/spud1/XY.html

Storm
hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   11:28 PM     

matt you're right oddesy's do kick fuggin ass and they're probably one of the nicest looking minivans i've seen

mad max well i thought the movie fucking sucked but yeah the car was fuckin cool

and gtp i think he was talking to me but i dont really remember what i said so yeah

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 19, 03   9:34 PM     

yeah man the Oddyessys are NICE inside too and own all other stock vans in the history except the 3 made by ferarri in the 80s.

I liked the Mad Max movies... The "Road Warrior" kicked the most ass. No they didn't have the best acting or best budget but they sure did kill a lot of crazy people in a lot of different cars.

Storm you like the 4 doors eh? I personally like the XYs myself but would opt for a XA GT were I in your shoes or maybe an XB (like a 1976 sedan XB). But the XYs are still pretty sweet and the GHTOs kick tons of ass I've been told. .... although I doubt you'll get ahold of one of the 300 ever made.

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   2:29 PM     

yeah, the GT-HO's are very hard to find, ya can find alot of XY's round tho.
I saw a XA or XB coupe for sale not long ago might even still be for sale.
one of my family members had a XA sedan it had a 351 in it i think, it was green when got bought it but he painted it black, and then pulled all the interior out and painted all the interior black with some of that interior paint stuff, i might have a few photo's of it round here somewhere, i know i have pics of when it was green but don't know about black i'll go have a look soon, about i think about 3 months after it was painted black (in and out) he smashed it into a tree, or so he says; 'a tree jumped in front of him', lol, but he was doing donuts i think from memory.
there is a XC sedan im looking at it now on a site i'll put a pic on my profile of it by the time you read this it should be on there, it looks alright and if i sold my car i would nearly be able to get it right away if it was still there, looks good tho, but it;s heavyier then mine, and if it's a 6 it's slower too, but if it's a V8 it would be faster, if it is an V8 it would be good, but by the looks of it i think it's a V8, don't know %100.

Storm
hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   7:28 PM     

ferrari made minivans? no fucking way! names and pics please please?
i knew lamborghini made a truck type thing didnt know ferarri made minivans

doesnt the oddesy run high 15s stock or something?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   7:46 PM     

Yeah i didn't know ferarri had a minivan, i've never seen one, i might have to go try find a pic somewhere

Storm
Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Sun Nov 23, 03   9:34 PM     

well they didn't call it a minivan it was just this big bubble domed ugly thing they made. I have a picture saved on my slowest crappiest computer. I'll try to find it sometime during the week but the website I got it from should be out there someplace.

I guess they made about three of them and I have no idea what happened to them.

uglystick
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 24, 03   11:27 AM     

lamborghini did not make an suv. they did the coachwork (aka building the body) for la forza suv's though. similar to the way they were contracted to build the BMW M1.

those la forza's suck ass from what i'm told. i've seen one in person and they don't look too bad, but it seems if you want a purpose built vehicle, you should go to the company who knows said purpose.

i wouldn't want a supercar built by IH any more than i'd want a SUV built by some italian yahoos.

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6