This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 41247

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6  
jonorme
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Nov 6, 03   3:10 PM     

Oh yeah i never noticed the spoiler and mini fart cannon when i looked at it first, but the paintjob is a big improvement

- Jon

[External Image Removed]
Nawdy
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Nov 7, 03   5:07 AM     

Hi guys, first post.

Storm, have been reading this thread about your old beastie. Looks like you are starting to get it looking ok, but I think you still have a little way to go. Maybe try some 12 slotters as well (should be able to get them from the wreckers I'd say), and look at doing the suspension a bit as well. You may be able to find some good stuff off a wrecked XD-XE ESP, but will probably be a bit hard to find.

Engine-wise there's probably not a lot you could do unless you want to spend some big $$$. My advice would be look around and see if you can locate a six-potter from an XR6, especially the HP engine. This would be a project a little different to the everyday, and would be cost effective considering your lack of funds. Is the XD an auto or manual, and is it a 200 or 250?

And IMHO, get rid of the wing. They suited the Phase 3's ect but just don't do it for the XD

Cheers

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Nov 7, 03   8:28 PM     

yeah well i've only done the paint, that was the 1st thing, im not saying the hole car looks good yet.

it is a 250.
it's Auto.

i did want to put 12 slotter on at 1st but i got thinking nah, im going to put some 17 inch ROH Venturo rims on.
im getting all fairlane interior, dash and all,(Front seats are going to be OBX sports seats) im going to get the s pak bottom for the front bar(coz thats a XE S pak front bar but someone took the s pak bottom off it).
Then i'm going to put EFI, 3 inch twin exhaust system, better Cam, K&N airfilter, thermo fan, then i'll see where it heads from there.

About the rear spoiler, i got the car with it on, so i just kept it on, i might change it but then i'd have to fill all the holes up etc, so i did'nt worry about it i was on a limited time frame.
i did think about a new engine from a xr6 and i still don't know yet, im 100% i want a new engine and i want it a 6 but what one i don't know yet.
And yes the ESP parts are hard to find and even if i did get parts, do you want to pay for them?, lol

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Sun Nov 9, 03   7:40 PM     

im trying to decide what would look better on my car
http://www.anzwheelsandtyres.com.au/pages/Product%20Pages/EFFTR.html
or
http://www.anzwheelsandtyres.com.au/pages/Product%20Pages/GSR.html
The Ef FTR ones you see alot of them on falcons here and there but not much on XD's, But the GSR ones you don't see much of them round, but i still like them.
Anyone comment of the 2?, which ones i should choose?

MrPeabody

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 10, 03   11:14 AM     

Second ones. The first one's look like ricey knockoffs.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
jonorme
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 10, 03   1:50 PM     

Ditto

- Jon
hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 10, 03   9:19 PM     

they are ricey knockoffs

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Nov 10, 03   9:38 PM     

be that as it may, the second ones are better.

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   1:15 PM     

ok, cool , tnks, i'll most likly go for the GSR's then

hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   7:10 PM     

i personally think all of those extreme wheel designs with the weird shapes and sharp points and spiky things comingmoff of spokes all look like shit unless they really fit the project although i've always been a fan of 5 spoke wheels they just for the most part look good so yeah the 2nd as well

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   7:35 PM     

Yeah i like the 5 spokes they are my fav ones

The only thing i got with the GSR rims is they are 17x7, im looking for 16x7, but i'l see what happens i could find some that look better, but i can't find much good 16x7 rims that would suit my car

------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the olyimpics pic i just thought it was very funny,but is true for the ricers, Not all Honda's tho.
MrPeabody

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   8:45 PM     

Nice avatar. I know quite a few Hondas that would smoke the crap out of your car, in fact, it would be a waste of gas for them to run you

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   9:53 PM     

lol, i hate Hondas, there's only a few here and there i like, NickQ's isnt bad but most i don't like.
i havn't even done any engine mods yet, but after i will beat em and even if i don't they are still retarded, lol, even now, my lug nuts on my car need more torque then some honda's make, lol, no offence to anyone that like hondas, (im just messing round) i just put it there coz it was funny to me thats all wasn't saying anything by it, a pitty some people make honda's ricey, thats what gave imports a bad name, lol, there's only a few that do hondas up good, as i said like NickQ's that is alright.

Plus i know a few XD's that would smoke them, so you can't talk, just coz it could beat mine don't mean it'll beat the ones that are done up out there, mine stock, and it already has 305 nm of torque, at the end of the day just in my opinion a done up XD could beat a done up honda (250's and 351's vs little 1.6 litres, they maybe lighter but the done up 250 or 351's torque would even that up) thats just in my view, im not going to talk anymore on this matter or i see it going on for days, i h8 people that do that, lol

Sorry for the olyimpics pic i just thought it was very funny,but is true for the ricers, Not all Honda's tho.
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   3:47 AM     

i've changed the pic, it was just something i saw funny thats all, subject closed.

hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   10:28 AM     

and theres an import that would smoke yor xd it doesnt really matter what someone elses car does the fact is your car would probably be smoked by peemans old honda

the classic my dad can beat up your dad bullshit

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6