This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 41247

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6  
uglystick
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Mar 19, 03   2:57 PM     

well, depending on how the exhaust manifold flanges line up you may be able to flip the exhaust manifold 180 degrees over and adapt up a single turbo. if it is fuel injected turbocharging is the way to go.

here's the quick rundown on a big six turbo for crossflow heads:

1. flip the exhaust manifold 180 degrees so the outlet points up. fabricate flange to bolt to your turbo, fabricate extension for exhaust downpipe to reach to new location of turbo.

2. run turbo up pipe into a cheap intercooler (front mount preferrable) and out to your throttle body.

3. attach a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and adjust accordingly.

4. set turbo to less than 8 pounds of boost and you're set. also depends on the static compression of the engine.

this really is a very simple project for someone with the appropriate tools (welder, hydraulic tubing bender, etc).

j

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
uglystick
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Mar 19, 03   2:59 PM     

and yes that is a cross flow head. i just noticed the heat riser tube from the air cleaner poking down to the drivers (australian drivers) side of the block.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Wed Mar 19, 03   3:13 PM     

well that works out well. I didn't even see the pictures of the engine. I didn't wait for them to all load. it's too damn slow for this computer.

that setup is great. cheap, effective, and relatively simple. I don't see how it could steer you wrong Storm. uglystick knows his shit. Get your ass to working and ask him or me if you have any questions. oh wait a second, it's not a fuel injected car though is it?

Gorgoth3k1

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Mar 20, 03   6:47 PM     

Man... I do have to say one thing... get that ugly bitch flyin and you'll have one HELLUVA sleeper!!! just listen to ugly and matt especially when it comes to turbos...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Thu Mar 20, 03   10:44 PM     

fuel injection i do plan on putting on but not at the moment, but i do want to get it, it should plus about 20 kw (guess)

Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Mar 21, 03   5:37 AM     

how much money are you planning on spending on the looks and how much on preformance?

Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Mar 21, 03   5:46 AM     

good. How much money are you spending on apperance and how much are you going to be able to use on preformance anyway?

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Fri Mar 21, 03   8:23 PM     

on looks im not going to be spending much after i paint it, im going to get some good rims, hand brake handle coz hand brake handles are weak on these cars and so are door handles, so i need to get 1 door handle aswell, and then re-trim interior, then new carpet(maybe), then i need to get a RWC and then put it on the road which will be about $500 australia to get rego on it, then im going to put money on performance, for performance i need that hand brake handle fixed to do some good donuts and stuff , lol, im hopeing i won't need to buy tyres but if i do im going to try burn these up, oh yeah and i might need a interior light for RWC too, should'nt be to much money for that stuff but re-trim and maybe the carpet will be a little bit im still wondering if i need the new carpet or not yet, then all the rest of my money is going on performance, im going to try keep this ECU but take it to a place that will mod this ECU to put more power out, cheaper and produces better outputs aswell.
manifold, cams, pistons, piston rings, lifters, rods, and engine bearings will be replaced by me for stronger ones that will take more power, but im not to sure what sort pistons and things i should get, im thinking forged, but im not to sure, we will see.
then i might get a EFI system, then maybe a new trans cooler coz one i got now is over due for new one.
i was looking around for new air filter coz i needed one and i found a wesfil high performance one, so i got that, i need to put that im aswell as new oil, oil filter and spray some carby cleaner in there, and maybe buy a boss for my racing wheel i got and put that in too, but here i need to get some car stands i don't have any, i might ask next door he's got everything i need, plus then i need to get some fuel for it coz it's got nothing in it.

Phatmatt

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   12:40 PM     

.............................. I didn't notice you mention the following items: Intercooler, boost-controler, blow-off valve, boost gauge, or turbocharger............. ha ha, well it's your car, but if you want to go turbo ever just let us know.

MrPeabody

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Sat Mar 22, 03   4:38 PM     

You mentioned an ECU, and the car being carbe'd... those don't really go hand in hand

-Ben

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Sun Mar 23, 03   2:15 AM     

well as i said i want to make it EFI and no i did'nt mention turbo or anything coz what i put down there was just a starting point nothing else then im going to go down into the heavy stuff this is just what i do before i get a car heavy mod'd i do this to all my cars before i put mass power into them.
but any input in what u think could go well with the car plz say so, ta

Storm

storm

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   9:12 PM     

ok, i've got a list of things that i might do to the car over a period of time, if i say putting something about a carb on and later say putting something about an EFI or something don't worry im just not to sure about anything yet, im having a look round.
LIST:
TRW forged pistons, custom crower camshaft, some aftermarket heads(not to sure which ones yet), yella terra roller rockers, supercharger, duel dump valves with cockpit control, custom aluminium induction, intercooler with watersprays, modified water injection, gilmer belt drive, uni filter, modified 36lb Ford motorsport injectors, 2 racing fuel pumps, fuel surge tank, aluminium radiator, high energy racing oil sump, M&W ignitions CDI unit, pacemaker headers, custom 3 1/2 inch twin cat exhaust, supra 5 speed, maybe holly carb or a custom EFI system, 4 pin LSD, brakes: AP racing 4 piston callipers, 330mm DBA rotors, K-mac springs, K-mac camber kit, and some good sway bars, custom clutch, 4 inch, RPM tacho with shift light, bosch high performance plugs, NGK spark plugs, high performance water pump, monroe GT GAS shockers, motec engine management system, fireball HI-6 ignition & coil, the kitchen sink.....? then some good dyno tuning.

don't worry i never said i was going to do all this stuff but i would like to, thats just what i got, any input from anyone on maybe i should scrap something and put something diff there or diff brand, or cut something out of any ideas whatelse i could add to my list?

hooyeah
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   3:17 PM     

can you bolt a supra 5 speed upto a ford straight 6?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   5:01 PM     

Yea man no prob... Or he could get it outa his 650 HP Skyline... mad fast yo's.

-Ben

uglystick
Re: The XD Falcon '81'   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   5:06 PM     

man you're fucking dumb. don't forget the dual bypass gonkulator valve and some fresh blinker fluid for your led windshield wiper jets.

nuff said.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6