This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7339

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
sweetdevil
Mexico   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   9:51 AM     

I'm heading to Mexico for the first time this weekend for Springs break... oh ya, there's a race there too... lol
SCORE 250 San Felipe
Any tips for Mexico? (besides don't leave the sight of your friends)

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
MrPeabody

Re: Mexico   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   10:51 AM     

Yeah, take taxis. If you cruise in your car or someone else's, the cops tend to make excuses to pull you over and mess with ya... (info from friends who have gone.)

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Mexico   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   11:20 AM     

DONT DRINK THE WATER!!!! LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: Mexico   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   11:36 AM     

i heard don't take taxis... especially not alone.
We're within walking distance of everything

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
MrPeabody

Re: Mexico   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   11:49 AM     

Didn't mean alone But within walking distance of everything would be the best bet.

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Mexico   Posted Thu Mar 13, 03   7:09 PM     

I've been to mexico a number of times... Tips.... DONT DRINK THE WATER!! and be weary of the restaraunts you eat at if you choose to do so... many of the restaraunts "recycle" the food left behind when people leave...

Now... I've only driven over there once and if you drive it takes an INCREDIBLE amount of time just to get into mexico... there's a TON of traffic and I found it faster and easier just to walk across the border and every where else you go... I've never taken a taxi, so I dont know much about that... Altho friends of mine have had trouble with the police when they drove over there...

Oh.... and make for DAMN SURE you bring a photo ID and dont lose it... seems that they'll keep anyone over there that they can...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
FordFactor

Re: Mexico   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   12:10 PM     

Hey SweetDevil. I've been to san Felipe many times, and im heading out there this spring break too. The issue with the cops is easily solved with a bribe, its as easy as 50pesos wich somewhat equals 5 american big ones. My friend got pulled over for speeding, and the cop wanted a bribe, and my friend insisted on taking the ticket, and turns out the ticket was 12dollars at the police station in mexico. Never walk alone at night, take always at least 3 friends with you. Practice on your spanish, cause that way you can lower prices on anything they sell there (by the beach i mean) and get good deals on braiding your hair, which seems to be popular with girls. Sun Block lots of sun block, cause if it wasn't for the sea the weather over there would be Coachella Valley in August to the third power. If you take quads make sure you store them close to where you sleep or somewhere that will make it difficult to get them out incase someone tries to steal them. Dont drink the water, drink the beer, the Mexican Tecate is quite refreshing and buzz worthy.

Have a great spring break, and i might be a little late to post this up, but oh well.

p.s. as for food, make sure that if you eat TACOS you eat them at a place where they are making them where you can see. If not you can always go the the center of town and they have great expensive restaurants there.

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Mexico   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   12:26 PM     

ya... and as for getting the street peddlers to sell you something for less... just act like your real interested and when he starts talking to you about it just kinda say "no i dont have the money" and start walkin away and such and he'll just start lowerin the price until you think its low enuf... i used to do that to get Foakleys and Folexes REAL cheap... hehe.... i think i got a pair of really good Foakleys for like $2...

as for fordfactor... hey man... been a while since you've been on here.. .whats up?

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
MrPeabody

Re: Mexico   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   1:10 PM     

I second that... long time no see, how's the stang?

-Ben

sweetdevil
Re: Mexico   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   8:15 AM     

MEXICO IS SOOOOO COOL
I had the best weekend of my entire life!!!
Trophy Trucks, margaritas out of a 4 stroke blender, hot guys, prerunners, fish tacos, the beach... AHHH I wanna go back! It was unreal!
I can't wait for next year... I'll post some pics of the TT's and other cool stuff soon....

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
uglystick
Re: Mexico   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   4:24 PM     

that four stroke blender is fuckin sick. we were contemplating putting one in the bavaria of death.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
sweetdevil
Re: Mexico   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   8:16 AM     

Here is me holding up a blender full o' strawberry margaritas to our race truck... stoopid hat took the pic outta focus

[External Image Removed]

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
MrPeabody

Re: Mexico   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   10:10 AM     

*Insert whistling*

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Mexico   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   12:41 PM     

So I take it you really like IT lol just stirring

When I was over in the US in 93 we went to Tijauana (sp???) it was pretty good, mind you I was only 12

JC

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
hooyeah
Re: Mexico   Posted Tue Mar 18, 03   1:14 PM     

you mean mexico? or is tiajuanna in the us

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages in this thread: (1) 2