This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1930

SweetNeon

stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sun Mar 2, 03   11:02 AM     

it was all sealed up, is it lead at the bottom of my container settleing? could i just filter that shit out? if it is lead how is it going to affect the fuel if it is filtered out?

Cutlass

Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sun Mar 2, 03   9:59 PM     

how old is the can of fuel and was it opened up before you used it last?

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
LS4_454
Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Mon Mar 3, 03   7:46 PM     

Just shake the bottle up and mix the lead back in, without it in the fuel your valves will lock up from lack of lubrication from the missing lead. You can always get some of those mechanical pencil refills to boost it up some.

SweetNeon

Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   4:14 PM     

i had got the fuel from the pump at clarks, the fuel is im guessing 8 months old or so

Cutlass

Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   6:16 PM     

if it were mine i wouldn't use it, if its that old and not in an air tight container it most likely lost octane, that stuff is only 100 motor octane. i get my stuff form Lesco in Cochella they sell VP and its in sealed drums.

SweetNeon

Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   7:17 PM     

for some reasion i thought they advartize it as being 109 at that pump? i have the fuel in a air tight vp fuel container, so you think its useless now, so the final virdict on what that stuff at the bottom is is lead seeing that the bottle is sealed? do those fuel containers have a history of not always being air tight?

Cutlass

Re: stuff in my racing fuel   Posted Sun Mar 16, 03   9:51 PM     

those containers from the manufacturer are air tight, once opened they have an air pocket you can't get out and that over time will cause the lead to settle and the octane to drop. the stuff at the pump is listed as 108 or 110 but they use the same formula as standard pump gas to get their octane rateing which is just an average and not the actual octane in the motor.