This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7988

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Phatmatt

help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Fri Feb 28, 03   6:12 PM     

So I'm thinking about that new Eclipse I've been dying for and I'm doing some math and it looks like I can get one and build it up but I WILL have to wait a while till I can get the cash all in place.... then I'm goofing around looking at 1/4 times for cars... and then it says "compare 1/4 times to Motorcycles."

After clicking it I realize that I need a crotch rocket. Now I know JACK about bikes. In fact the ONLY bike experance I had was riding around on my fathers 71 Harley. But it seems to me that they are a VERY good idea. They get FANTASTIC gas milage, they cost about 25% that of a car, and they blow everything else off the street. But it does seem like they need to be repaired fairly often.

I figure I can invest in a bike to see how I like it (and still hold onto the van and save for the Eclipse). I was very impressed by the Kawasaki ZX-6R when looking at it compared to other bikes.

BUT as I said I don't know anything about bikes so I need some help. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can research bikes, tell me what THEY would suggest, and tell me about used bike prices.

So please those of you knowledgable in the 2wheeled vehicles! I'm looking for a fiarly priced, reliable, FUN, and quick bike that I can enjoy this summer. I'm not a huge guy (144lbs@5'10) so I'm not looking for a bike that is super bulky. I'm also thinking about a two-seater but am thinking that all my gal friends would be to wimpy to ride (or scared of my girlfriend who gets mad jelous) and all my guy friends would think it was too gay. So I'm not sure yet. ...anyway thanks a lot guys. I will REALLY appreceate the help

MrPeabody

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Fri Feb 28, 03   9:05 PM     

One word... Hayabusa
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_02/sportstreet/images/bp_haya_blk.jpg

Probobly way outa your price rang... but it's got a 1300 4 cyl putting out 170 odd HP on a 400 or so lbs. bike, runs 9's stock

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Sat Mar 1, 03   8:05 AM     

If i were you, i would look at either a suzuki GSXR 600 or a Yamaha YZF R6. Pretty nice all around bikes at a nice price. if i were you, i would stick with a 600 for your first bike. it will be plenty fast for ya.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Sat Mar 1, 03   10:50 PM     

yeah well I was looking at the ZX-6R and It's 600ccs and I'd me MORE than satisfied with that. Something wrong with the Kawasaki or do you just prefer suzuki and yamaha?

BlownGTP

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Mon Mar 3, 03   7:26 AM     

No, i like the way kawasaki looks but its just not that agressive of a bike. its heavy and doesnt handle like a suzuki or a yamaha. not quite as fast either. Nice looking bike thogh in my opinion.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Mon Mar 3, 03   9:30 PM     

The Suzuki GSXR600 is the fastest of the 600cc bikes accelerating 0-60 in less than 3 seconds (i think)...

but ya... the 'busa is the baddest ass bike in the world man....(other than that dodge conecpt bike with a viper engine)... but the busa is WICKED fast... a friend of mine has one, but it dont turn too well... just goes in straight lines INCREDIBLY fast...

i'd go fot the GSXR600 or GSXR 750.... both are nice bikes... IMHO Suzuki makes the best bikes (as well as a friend of mine who's a hardcore bike guy)

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
BlownGTP

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   8:24 AM     

actually, i think the R6 is a little quicker. its 10 pounds lighter and has 9 more HP if im not mistaken. Both very sweet bikes. Both are now fuel injected. whatever you do, dont get a honda. lol

sweetdevil
Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   8:46 AM     

RIDE RED!!!!

New Honda CBR600RR is the shit... I want one... but I'm going to get a CRF450R instead...

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
BlownGTP

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   12:05 PM     

Hondas Suck on the road. They are great in the dirt and thats about it.

uglystick
Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   2:18 PM     

first gear....it's alright.
second gear....

aw nevermind none of y'all remember that song anyway.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.5L Straight Six; T3/T04E Hybrid, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Phatmatt

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   3:56 PM     

beach boys man! ... faster, it's alright!

...anyway, I have nothing against the Honda 600ccs. in fact they were extremely comfortable. the Kawasaki was not however. I like the bike, but don't think it would be the best choice. I like the Yamaha because it's light, and I hear it it comfortable too (although I've never ridden one) but the GSXR600 is closer to the top of my list.

ok well the Kawasaki is gorgeous but heavy (which is my #1 enemy) So I'm thinking it's more between Yamaha and Susuki. I hear that the Susuki is quicker but isn't as comfortable as the Yamaha. But I'm still young, I'm sure I could deal with riding it for a while. What do you guys think?

MrPeabody

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   4:00 PM     

Depends, do you want a bike or a caddy I say go with the Suzuki, i've jsut heard allot of good stuff about em... then we can get you some naaaaws and you can get yo own possy and be a biker boyee

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   4:13 PM     

I don't know man. Whats the story on Nitrous for bikes? That just sounds like a bad idea.

Yeah I'm thinking GSXR600 more than anything now. it'd be easier to get than the other bikes (well not the Yamaha), and it seems to offer me all I want... oh yeah check this video out of a sweet TURBOCHARGED GSXR600.

http://www.ish1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gsx600r_turbo.wmv

MrPeabody

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   4:17 PM     

Allot of people, well the crazy one's anyways, use nitrious on bikes, if I can find it, i'll get you a link of a Hayabusa board discussing nitrious on their bikes...

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: help me kill myself... In style!   Posted Tue Mar 4, 03   4:26 PM     

Holy crap! I'd be afraid to ride one of those... i'll stick to quads thank you

-ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2