This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1246

quik67firebird
The real Drag City Story   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   1:25 PM     

Hey all, I've been reading the message board on the Drag City web site. They seem to post up excuse after excuse as to why they still haven't broken ground on the strip. I just wondered if anybody knew any real reasons why they haven't done anything

hooyeah
Re: The real Drag City Story   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   1:27 PM     

government conspiracy

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
SweetNeon

Re: The real Drag City Story   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   2:09 PM     

drugs and woman

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm
LS4_454
Re: The real Drag City Story   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   7:44 PM     

Their first problem was to create the web site then get everyone all warm and fuzzy. They have had alot of red tape to go through but they may be closer. I was talking with a tech director at Pomona this weekend and he told me they should begin in June and be ready by October. We'll see, this has been going on for years starting back at Rialto. There are alot of rumors that follow the two primary guys trying to do this, lets just say they have tried before in the past and have failed due to lack of money,THEIRS, so we will see. They keep getting more "sponsors" for the track, so the money may finally be there. They had tried to sell memberships at first but I dont think it went over too well.

quik67firebird
Re: The real Drag City Story   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   7:56 AM     

Thanks LS4_454, I went to a couple of the "Airport Drags" that they had in Banning and that's where I first heard about it. But after the last Night of Fire they said the next races were going to be at the new strip they were building. Since then it's been all talk and excuses, so I just wondered.

LS4_454
Re: The real Drag City Story   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   8:30 PM     

Did you race? I had my '70 Caprice at both, big, green, and running a 454. Just a street car, not a "race" car.