This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2131

SweetNeon

1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   7:41 PM     

any one go to any of those events, im not realy in to 1/8mile but i thought since i live close i mite as well go check it out, i thought there was gona be a bunch of lame ass cars and i was right, BUT there was a new turbo porsche out there, viper, and some pretty quick on the edge of being street legal muscle cars out there fucking shit up, you guys mite wanta check it out some time, i think they are doing it till 1am on every friday i believe

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm
SweetNeon

Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   8:16 PM     

you can get more info at www.racelegal.com

LS4_454
Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   10:07 PM     

1/8 mile is alright, but the race is over too quickly. If you aren't geared for it it isn't as fun as 1/4 but at least it is still a race, then you can drive home with 10.90 on your window and make everyone think your the shit. The "show" is supposed to be quicker, but I have yet to see one go any quicker than a 1/4 race, especially while you are waiting in the staging lanes.
Our kids do Jr Dragsters and most of those are faster than some of the cars that show up to race, pretty funny seeing a lawn mower engine going 8.90's at 75 mph.

Metal396
Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   10:24 PM     

Yeah take my car for example... it would suck ass in the 1/8th mile cause of my gearing and weight... but in a 1/4 mile track half way through it is pretty much where my car would make all its speed so my car would not be good for 1/8 matches, although it would sitll be fun... racing is racing... and these racelegal things are very good, keepin it safe and legal.. just wish there were some closer to me...

----------------------------------------------------
A wise man once said:
"the hizzy up in da skizzay, fashizzle my nizzle yea"
SweetNeon

Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   6:45 AM     

what do you mean the "show"?

LS4_454
Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   7:46 PM     

That would be the races going on, it is a "show" for the spectators. Just like when you watch WWF.

LS4_454
Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Mon Feb 24, 03   7:49 PM     

Yes, it is no fun only being 3/4 of the way through second gear when you hit the traps, but it is still fun to go and try to improve on your time. I knocked mine from a 10.40 to 9.70, looook out! Don't forget that Fontana isn't that far away.

SweetNeon

Re: 1/8 mile @ Qualcomm   Posted Sat Mar 1, 03   3:42 PM     

watch out speed racer