This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 16572

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
SweetNeon

Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   8:01 AM     

today at the polo place 730 to 3, it says there is going to be race cars there so i guess i should bring the neon haha

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm
MrPeabody

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   1:17 PM     

Thought the neon was sitting in peices?

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   3:46 PM     

it was a joke, its not realy in peices, just a rolling chassie

MrPeabody

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   5:29 PM     

Was reading somewhere that the new SRT-4 doesn't have mufflers. Is it just muffled by a bazillion resonators or something? Thought that was interesting, along with dodge stating 215 odd HP at the crank when it actually makes about 225 at the wheels

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   6:18 PM     

you heard right my friend. looks like my favorite american car company has finally got their heads out of their asses and built a decent car for once that was under 40,000. It's taken them almost 30 years but it looks like a real car has come back into the dodge lineup (although I'm going to have to check up on it a bit more before I give it any more praise).

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   6:32 PM     

i realy dont know, but seeing its turbo they are pry going with some thing with alittle less back pressure, its gona push good power with that 2.4

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   6:33 PM     

its priced under 20,000

Phatmatt

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   6:52 PM     

yeah man, I'm really excited about the SRT-4. Maybe I'll wait a while on that new car and just screw the Eclipse and pick me up one of them. more room, it's a good step for Dodge, bigger engine by 0.4 of a liter.

MrPeabody

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   7:09 PM     

It's a fuckin badass car dude. I think it's a resurgence of the late 60's early 70's, when muscle car started getting faster and HP wars were flying. If you think about it, the sport compact craze is very simular to the muscle car era. People taking what were originally family econimy cars and throwing in larger engines. Back when car's ran 15's, 14's off the lot. Look at the faster sport compacts, Nissan Sentra SER Spec V, 15's, Mazdaspeed Protege 15's. Then you have the new Neon SRT-4, very remiscant of the Mopar rising when hemi jumped in with an intent to be faster and such, case in point SRT-4. Dodge has been sitting around watching the market and how it's been growing and picked an oportunistic time to throw in their contender, once a econo family car, noen, now a damn fast car for the money, (like the duster back in the 60's.) And now Mopar manufactoring CARB legal packages raising the output to almost 300 HP, all factory warrantied...

Just something that's been going through the nogin

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   7:16 PM     

I love how my faith has begun to be restored into the American car market again. FINALLY people are TRYING to outdo other cars once again!

MrPeabody

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   7:21 PM     

These are good times in the car industry... I think it'll be set up perfect when I get outa college and am writing for a car magazine. The fact that i'll be able to buy a fast car with lots potential for not much dough is pretty encouraging

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   8:37 PM     

im happy, i will have more suckers to take money from =)

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   8:41 PM     

it would be fun to see how much boost those stock motors can be turned up to before ya start fuckin shit up

SweetNeon

Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   8:42 PM     

you know mopar motors and boosting matt, how much do you think it could take?

hooyeah
Re: Car Show   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   8:52 PM     

mmmm good old dodge and peabody the rise of the hemi was in the late 50's it started and early 60's before anyone else was doing shit the little hemis were smoking shit in nascar dodge always has been "different" the start of the musclec ar era once again sorta like how they have a rear drive hemi car in 05'

i've heard the ricer age compared to the muscle car age just like hoow the hotrod guys thought muscle cars were stupid when they came in now the muscke guys are thinking the riceboys are stupid

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4