This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1329

SweetNeon

dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   6:43 PM     

so last week after i left the valley i was towing my big block and 4 cyl heads up to sd with the back of the ghetto cruzer low rideing it all the way up, i was at about ocean side when shit went wrong, faking tires blowed and the center tread striped off and started takeing shit out, i ended up stranded with a big block on top of my spare with out no jack and the bitch wouldnt start cuz the tire tore up the wire harness to the fuel pump, could i sue firestone?

MrPeabody

Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   7:04 PM     

I think there was only a recall on 2000 Ford's eqiped with em...

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   7:29 PM     

there all shit but dam they only cost like 45$ new

LS4_454
Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   9:46 AM     

Sounds like there was too much load on the tires with that big block and heads. Was this is in the El Camino? Aren't those only rated at 500 lbs payload? Did you happen to check your tire pressures with the extra load? Good luck sueing, its a loooong line, either your pressure's were too low, the tires have poor load rating, or you picked up something on the way down and lost some air causing the tire to overheat then blow out. Take the tire to a tire store and see if they will warranty it for you.

SweetNeon

Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   11:40 AM     

this was in the towncar, i hadnt checked my tire pressure and i should of, the pressure was pry to low, but other then that firestones are known to of done that same shit for years now

LS4_454
Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   7:57 PM     

Most any tire will also when run too low then overheated, but being a Firestone sure doesn't help. I was surprised to see them on our Ford, I thought they had split up after the blow out problems.

SweetNeon

Re: dam firestone shit tires   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   8:02 PM     

split up? no pun intended or what, fucking firestones

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm