This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1137

greenvwbeetle
exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   12:13 PM     

does anyone know about any parts especcilaly intakes

LS4_454
Re: exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   1:54 PM     

So it is a New Beetle, Hmmm. Welcome to the world of spending $1500 on a "euro" intake system, $900 in a exhaust, $400 on a cold air intake, $800 in "Euro" cams, $3000 on 18" rims and tires, $2000 on a lowering kit and what do you have? A New Beetle that has a gained a whopping 20 hp in mods costing more than the car is worth and it still can't break into the 15's. Ditch the New beetle and get a "old" beetle and make your money well spent for HP.
Let me guess, a 2.0 L with an automatic? Or better yet a TDI?

MrPeabody

Re: exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   4:55 PM     

The new turbo one's don't sound bad, mid 15's I believe. They hang with the SVT Focus...

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sat Feb 8, 03   5:22 PM     

or theres a company that has an awd beetle pushing over 500 hp

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
BlownGTP

Re: exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   8:19 AM     

actually, i know somebody with a new beetle turbo and he has $1100 into it and it will run a consistant 13.9 all day long.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
LS4_454
Re: exausts and parts for new beetles   Posted Sun Feb 9, 03   9:28 AM     

The Turbo S drives nice and is more of a "guys" car, all the others are "chick" cars, no matter what guy is driving them, kind of like the white Rabbit convertible craze. We looked at 150 hp Turbo/automatic Beetle with the "concept" interior and it was sad, I kept waiting for the turbo to kick in, never felt it like the Turbo S at 180hp. Even with the six speed the rpm's were still at 3,000 at 70, the gearing is super tight on it. Not sure if the trans would hold out if I race one, I had a 16V GTI that blew the center section from the spider gears while racing at Bakersfield, stopped the races for 30 minutes while they cleaned all the oil from the top end!