This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8564

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
EdgeOfGemz

New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:28 PM     

Hey everyone. My name is Gemz. I am totally new to this whole area down here. Im from north cali. Im not new to raceing and I'm trying to figure out where to go and who to know kinda thing. Plus I just finished work on my second car so I need some where to test shit out. Please reply! help!

hooyeah
Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:37 PM     

hey man u shouldn't have any trouble at all getting info and races set up from these guys here wut car(s) u running man

CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
EdgeOfGemz

Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:45 PM     

I run a 2001 subaru wrx, rally kit and all that shit. Not stock, least not anymore! My baby my lil civic is just getting final touches, its getting painted right now then it will b done! I cant wait. I love cars i love to race, and I love speed.

| Speed is an addiction | You dont need cars? You dont need me | Peace | GemZ
hooyeah
Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:48 PM     

nice may have another miss cvsr candidate hehe the wrx is a nice ride good luck with everything see ya around

EdgeOfGemz

Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:51 PM     

hehe! thanks. I had some difficulties when i first got it, but now its a total smooth ride. I know that it'll be a better racer than my civic because it jsut is. Im used to how it runs and i know just how it feels ya know? Although I got pulled over for my neons underneeth, i guess u cant have red ones! did not know this!

hooyeah
Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:56 PM     

i saw a civic with the red neons tongiht i'm in canada though must be legal here hmm that sux that u got pulled over though good luck with the racing

EdgeOfGemz

Re: New to the area   Posted Mon Apr 15, 02   10:58 PM     

thanks, i just got off with a warning. (thank god). Im hella bored! nothing to do cant go out to lazy, gonna die so bored. oh and i have like no friends down here which is really sucky. =(

LethalToy

Re: New to the area   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   7:30 AM     

Neons are not legal anywhere but off-road and for show purposes only. Can't use 'em on the street as "they are a distraction to other motorists." Doesn't stop ya from switching them off when you see the law rollin up on ya

1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
j0k3r

Re: New to the area   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   8:13 AM     

Hey Gemz, I am in the bay area as well. Go to the Test & Tune at Sears Point on Wednesday Night.

---------- j0k3r 1999 Mustang GT http://www.1999gt.com
EdgeOfGemz

Re: New to the area   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   3:09 PM     

im not in the bay area im in sac thats like 2 hours away. Way to far, im moveing to so cal soon so i have to find new places all together

Cutlass

Re: New to the area   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   6:08 PM     

you'll find all the racers out here real fast, its a small valley.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
j0k3r

Re: New to the area   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   7:04 PM     

Sears Point is about a half an hour from Sac and it is a hell of a lot better than that piece of crap in Sac they call a drag strip.

---------- j0k3r 1999 Mustang GT http://www.1999gt.com
GotRiceBitch

Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   10:48 AM     

Gemz I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all making friends down here, guys here love girls who are into cars and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to introduce you to people and show you where the races happen out here. Like was stated above, this is a small valley. It's nothing like you're used to up there.

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand
SweetNeon

Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   9:06 PM     

if she looks good, is under age, has money and is a virgin, ied fuck her

talljosh85
Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Jul 24, 04   2:39 PM     

As said above, you will have absolutely no problems meeting car people down here. Girls that drive and race are just that much more desireable, which is why I don't like my sister to meet my car friends (see has a Prelude, races it, and is now trying to buy a TT Supra). I go to school at UC Davis, and when comparing the car scene between the two locales, its much better and bigger down here. Where to race depends on where you are going to live, SoCal is a big place with a ton of people and lots of racing. Welcome to the site and the area (well, whenever you move) and good luck with your cars. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2