This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1806

JcAus
Aussie Bush fires   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   3:58 PM     

Peoples, I have not been on for a while now as we are on fire alert. In Canberra australia we lost 416 houses in one day due to bush fire. Plus 4 people dead and numerous injured

Today we are on High alert as the wwinds look to change and blow some huge ass fire this way.

I will try and keep you'll up dated but we have everything packed ready to evac if need be.

We have been on alert since sat night, where I was down the coast and at 2 pm the sky went as black as night. I drove back from the coast in just under 1 1/2 hours, a trip which normally takes about 3 hours. The police did not care about the speeding as everyone was in a state of emergency. I sat at about 108 mile per hour to get from the coast home to my mums place to help get the house ready.

I will try and keep you updated but if I cant I will let you all know at a later time when things settle down.

Take it easy

jc

here is one pic from the paper it is not that great but there are heaps some where.

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/viewimage.asp?type=story&image=204247.jpg&id=204247

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Metal396
Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   4:19 PM     

Omg im sorry, we have had alot of fires here, but nothing like 416 houses gone... we will all wish for the best, and hope that fire burns out soon. Keep safe man. Talk to you later.

----------------------------------------------------
This is whats making all the noise...
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   5:46 PM     

Hey man, sorry to hear it. Take care and be safe, hope to talk to you soon. Will be praying...

-Ben

storm

Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   12:17 AM     

that pic in the paper, hey i live in australia and i've never seen anything like it, it looks like it's in Egypt or something, lol, but i know yesterday the sky was all black and stuff back should clear up.......i hope, lol

JcAus
Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   2:00 PM     

Everything seems to be ok now...touch wood, the easterly wind came up and started blowing the fire away from the city.

Have a look at this web site, it has a tonne of pictures from the fires

All is ok now

http://canberraonfire.tk/

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
hooyeah
Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   3:38 PM     

there aren't many trees where i live and ha;f the year it's to cold for a fire so it's all good for me

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
GotRiceBitch

Re: Aussie Bush fires   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   4:00 PM     

When I left MT in August of 2000 I had to take greyhound out through some of the worst parts of a huge inferno that engulfed the entire western third of the state. They regularly have large fires - about once every 7 to 8 years. The fire came within 14 miles of my parents home, and even through evacuation orders, my parents and several neighbors stood their ground and refused to leave. Luckily our home was spared. I took everything I could and got the hell out of there.. I wasn't about to stick around to watch the place burn. It literally looked like something I'd imagine as what hell would look like.. everywhere you went was nothing but fire, and what wasn't burning was destroyed in it's wake... at night all you'd see was an eerie orange glow flickering and licking up and down mountainsides.. possibly the most frightening thing I've ever seen. I still have a week of the Missoulian's front page articles from the fires that I took along as a keepsake. I'm glad everything is okay... glad to hear you and your family are safe.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand