This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2114

hooyeah
anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sat Jan 18, 03   3:23 PM     

http://www.petitiononline.com/sect1722/petition.html

well it's in ontario canada they're pretty much trying to make performance parts illegal to help stop street racing

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
SweetNeon

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   12:10 AM     

i dont, does this look like a canada street racing web site?

GotRiceBitch

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   12:47 AM     

How would you feel if they tried passing that legislation in the US, Chad? Every bit of support helps. I signed.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   1:18 AM     

chad you know what happens one place does it it's successful and chances are it'll travel especially with the racing problems you guys have there....if it's successful here i don't doubt it catching on very fast

SweetNeon

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   8:21 AM     

cars, performance, racing . the roots of those in this country are to deep to ever have that happen over here, theres to big of a industry in performance parts so many big companys like edelbrock would fight against it

GotRiceBitch

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   1:04 PM     

Doesn't mean they wouldn't try, chad. I mean look at the stupid law about being within X number of yards of a street race being a felony. What kinda stupid BS is that? Lame.

In any case it's shitty of them to try to pass legislation like that even if it IS canada.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   3:39 PM     

but look at it this way does the government really care about the performance industry sure it would lose alot of jobs but also it would get alot of votes from mothers who want their kids to be safe and old people who really hate racing ect... they may not succeed and hopefully they don't but it'll probably be one of these laws that they enforce when the budget needs a boost

SweetNeon

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   5:12 PM     

not only alot of jobs it would realy have an impact on the economy depending how far they get in to it

LS4_454
Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   6:31 PM     

They've been trying to pass a "old clunker" (that would be a old car, Chad) law over the last several years to get rid of ALL cars on the road before a certain model year. And that is being done HERE, just think if that would happen and it's closer than you think to being reality.

SweetNeon

Re: anybody wanna sign a petition?   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   7:14 PM     

i can care less realy, i still like new 4cyls