This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7517

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Stryker
Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sat Jan 18, 03   2:29 PM     

Ok...Want some opinions...
Been thinkin 'bout tradin in the truck for a 4x4...Not sure what to get though...I've narrowed down what I want to get to the following:
S10 4x4 w/ ZR2 package
Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4
Chevy Avalanche

If I go with one of the smaller trucks, I'm gonna pull the engine out and stick in a 383 stroker eventually...
So what would you guys go with???

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sat Jan 18, 03   2:35 PM     

well the avalanche can come with a 496 v8 but then theres the fact that you can hardly afford a fuel pump so thats a no and it's mad eof plastic

the s10 well in a 4x4 i doubt those transfer cases and awles would stand up to a 383 so either get a fullsize or stick with a freking 6 or 4 banger or whatever the hell they come with

and trhe toyota well it is a toyota no offense lethal

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Stryker
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sat Jan 18, 03   4:13 PM     

I dunno if I can addord a fuel pump or not...If I knew what the fuck addord meant, I'd be able to properly answer that...
The avalanche isn't made of plastic, ya moron. There IS metal under the plastic body parts...
And the toy's are cool, so back off! lol

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
LS4_454
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sat Jan 18, 03   6:35 PM     

How about a regular Chevy fullsize, they come with nice V8's that you can build on. Do you have to worry about smogs in your state? A engine swap could turn into a emission nightmare, but if you know the right people you can get around it.
Or an early model truck without the smog worries. Instead of spending $25-30,000 on a new truck and then putting another $5-8,000 into it, find a old one and dump that hard earned cash into it, you may have better results.

Stryker
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   12:47 AM     

hahaha. I live in colorado, and they SAY that there is strict 'state-wide smog enforcement' and there is in parts of the state but not here. Lot of the muscle cars here run open header...And a friend just talked me into thinkin about another alternative earlier...Keep the S10 and stick a 383 stroker in it, and make it a racer, instead of a 4x4 demon. lol...Gotta say...I'm sorely tempted to...

hooyeah
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   1:19 AM     

geee i've told you to do that many many times buy you wanted to make it a rice truck **cough cough** i mean "show truck"

Bombadier

Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   10:08 AM     

GET AN FSJ!!!
If you want a 383, FSJ's can take 360's, 390s and even come with the 401. the 360 and especially the 401 are torque monsters. Really beefy trannys and t-cases as well.

There's a LOT of full-size-jeepers in CO, and they have a huge FSJ invasion at Ouray every year.
If you want a 4x4......."There's only one!"

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
LS4_454
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   7:57 PM     

Guess your in a more rural area, they have different test here for rural places but it still a pain in the ass, I have three cars that are before '73, so i can do mods without worries.
Do you also have to deal with that white stuff you call snow? I could see the need for the 4X4, but the 383 in the S-10 sounds like more fun.

Stryker
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   10:24 PM     

Yeah...We have snow here...Lots...We also have that not-so-fun stuff called black ice...Only 2-3 months outta the year, though...

hooyeah
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   10:31 PM     

well then theres only one solution power and traction get an older chevy truck get a bigblock put a few grand into the block with 4:56 gears 38inch boggers d 60 front and rear.....and get your boggers siped or they'll suck on ice but still hold up the good snow quality you'd also need

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

Stryker
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   10:33 PM     

ummmm...Also need what?

hooyeah
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Sun Jan 19, 03   10:37 PM     

i dunno i forgot i clicked submit accidentally and forgot what i was gonna say

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

sweetdevil
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   8:44 AM     

what do you wanna do with it? Off-road, mud, sand, street, race?

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Stryker
Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   4:36 PM     

That's the problem...I recently got into off-roadin...But I still want a street racer...And I don't have the money to have 2 seperate vehicles...So now I'm stuck between makin the s10 a badass street racin truck, or sellin it and gettin a 4x4...i'm so confused. lol.

MrPeabody

Re: Thinkin 'bout tradin the truck in...   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   5:44 PM     

Buy a Honda

-Ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2