This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 9394

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
MrPeabody

BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:06 PM     

Yes! Got my 1970 240Z today Getting some picks soon Good bye riceroni civic...

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:08 PM     

Excellent choice, wasn't that the first year? I can't remember but I think the first ones didn't have the 240Z badge behind the rear quarter window. Those motors can make some good power, is it complete with the factory SU's?

MrPeabody

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:11 PM     

Darn tootin! Yup, first year. Sucky thing is they only came in 4spd's. No matter, any tranny up till 83 will swap SU's came in 70-71's like mine

-Ben

Metal396
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:15 PM     

ah thats soooooo great!!!!!!! gotta love the Z's !!!!! such a great change, from a stupid civic to a Z!!!! way to go pman!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
LS4_454
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:15 PM     

Weren't you in the process of building a 200hp motor for your Civic?
Check the rear diff mounting, they have a cheesy way of mounting them and they like to break. I think there is a strap that supports it in the front and it will break with a lot of hard driving, or it may be on its way.

MrPeabody

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:19 PM     

Hey now, civs are great, I still love em Yeah, the 70-71's had weaker mounting devises.. i'll do a complete look over tomorrow.

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:19 PM     

I had plans, hadn't quite gotten the engine yet, shweeew!

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:33 PM     

no point reminding him about his civic it's gone bless it's soul it's Z time baby

yes it was an exZelent choice

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:08 PM     

lol, thanks hooyeah.

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:45 AM     

Does any one know of a good precedure for removing stickers from a car's body without damaging the paint??? (De-ricing the Z)

-Ben

uglystick
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   11:25 AM     

goo gone or goof off. test it in an area under the hood on the paint to make sure it works ok though.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
DieselGoPed

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   12:29 PM     

Im not sure if this works on all stickers, but water might help. or you could leave the stickers on, lure any local ricers into the sense that ur one of them, and then rip em up big time!

btw, can u put NOS on a scooter? that'd be funny....

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
uglystick
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   1:48 PM     

no but if your scooter really is diesel powered, you can boost it up with propane injection.

probably not the safest thing in the world, but you could easily sit the tank on the platform you would normally stand on... hehehe

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
hooyeah
Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   2:24 PM     

holy shit someobody else has hear dof googone i'd seriously try using that first seemed to work fine so far just do it slowly and make sure to wash the area right afterwards i would'nt wanna leave it on tooo long....it's all citrus oil so it's all natural and smells good too!

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: BOOOOOYA!   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   2:35 PM     

It runs on red diesel, y'know? the illegal for road stuff u put in generators and lawn mowers etc.
i kinda need the stand area for, er, standing? so i could have the tank in a little dinky basket on the front.
or wear it on my head...
now theres an idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3