This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4737

novaboy

Nova   Posted Wed Jan 15, 03   11:24 PM     

its just one step better with the 9 inch, just thought id let you all know. maybe high 13's now, oh yea its running a new intake carb cam and full blown msd system now. did i mention the huge disk breaks in the rear....it stops fast now. the 63 is commin along pretty slow cus im out of monney and i want the 1/4 panel fixed and thats another 7-8 hundred bucks....the six is runnin strong and it has a 2 barrel and an offy intake...got a new cowl hood for it to. ill keep you informed. lates

novaboy
MrPeabody

Re: Nova   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   12:01 AM     

Whoa, haven't seen you in a while, how's it been?

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Nova   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   10:54 AM     

RIGHT ON! sounds like you've been making slow progress. guess what, that's the real world. but progress is progress no matter how long it takes. 9 inch huh? that's a leaf spring rear end, yeah? must be to convert a nine inch that easily.

got any photos of it all?

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
sweetdevil
Re: Nova   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   8:56 AM     

What's up Nova? Glad to hear you're workin on the car... u and Drea married yet? lol

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
novaboy

Re: Nova   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   11:07 PM     

no not yet......soon tho soon.

novaboy
novaboy

Re: Nova   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   11:10 PM     

yea its still leaf spring but the shocks are not perfect they bind so the 70 is getting some much needed engine work...gaskets seals stuff like that...while the ladderbars and coil overs get welded in. chassis works has good deals...it was only like 5 bills. the rear end was almost 1,700 tho...but it will never break. hehe

novaboy
DieselGoPed

Re: Nova   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   12:47 PM     

All of my dads 4x4s have leafs on the back. i think. are they the funny curved ,well, leafed shape springs which kind of have layers? if the ones ive seen are anything to go by, then 'spring' is a little bit of a fib. thgey make mountains out of molehills/

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.
MrPeabody

Re: Nova   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   1:37 PM     

Leaf springs would be layers of metal strips that kinda make a arch shape.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Nova   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   2:06 PM     

a spring doesn't have to be a coil shape

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: Nova   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   12:52 PM     

Yeah, thats why they call them 'leaf' cos if you look at them sideways, they look a bit like the sahpe of a leaf. though all of em ive seen arent really 'springs' because theyre just bent rusted pieces of crap which dont soften bumps at all. i guess theyd make a pretty good spring if they worked tho

hooyeah
Re: Nova   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   2:30 PM     

yeah you're soooo right runsted steel is far less springy than regular steel

BlownGTP

Re: Nova   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   2:51 PM     

diesel, what are you talking about? you dont think leaf springs work? than why the hell would they use them? smarten up kid.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
DieselGoPed

Re: Nova   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   8:11 AM     

I know leaf springs work. just all the ones ive ever seen are rusted crap ones which, really, dont work.

hooyeah
Re: Nova   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   8:30 AM     

now i highly doubt oxidation of the exterior of the metal changes the chemical properties of the steel unless it ends up rotting right through

Edited by hooyeah (Thu Jan 30, 03   8:31 AM)

BlownGTP

Re: Nova   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   10:20 AM     

oh, i get it! rusted leaf springs dont work but if you put a can of flat black paint on them they do. Thats how that works, i never knew that. lol

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!