This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1335

Bombadier

Redneck Wisdom   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:51 PM     

A charging Brahma bull can be stopped with a lawn chair, but the lawn chair will no longer even resemble a chair.

When people dump dogs in the woods, and they turn wild, they will attack anything, including people, pets, and full-grown cows.

If you go to the deer lease and don't take any food because "We'll eat what we kill"; you will indeed eat raccoon.

You will not, however, eat a crow!

When you raise rabbits to sell for meat, you will learn to kill and skin more than 100 in a day, and it won't make you queasy.

You also learn that a hammer is a lot faster and cheaper shooting them in the head with a pellet gun.

Raising a calf and killing it for food is not mean, it's survival.

Yes, you can name a calf, bottle-feed it when it's a baby, treat it like part of the family, and then kill it. It won't break your heart, and yes, it tastes good!

If you shoot a squirrel, pick it up, and it latches down on your hand, don't snatch it off, it leaves a big hole!

If a dog tries to bite you and you jam your hand to the back of his mouth and grab his bottom jaw, he won't bite you, he'll try to get away.

Don't let him get away, or he'll bite you!

Do not believe the cartoons when they show you that you can fish and nap at the same time by looping the fishing line around your toe. A big catfish will promptly remove your toe, or at least make you think it's gonna come off!

When you’re seining (using a large net to catch baitfish) in a river, and you start to climb out, do not stick your foot into any holes you find underwater. More than likely there is a large loggerhead turtle living there, and will remove your toe faster than the catfish!

If you shoot a hornet's nest with a shotgun, they will follow the smell, or soundwaves, or hell, something, but they will come directly to you!

A chicken snake bite will not kill you, but it will make you sick enough to worry "I wonder if that snake crossbred with a rattler?"

If you step on a copperhead, and your foot if just behind his head, go ahead and squash him. Moving your foot just makes it that much harder to chase him down and kill him with a shovel.

A small daschund dog will chase a rabbit all day until one of them dies of exhaustion. In my case, the rabbit died, not the dog.

A Russian boar hog will not only kill hunting dogs, but you will rarely find more than a few remains left.

No matter what direction you face in your deer stand, the deer is always going to come out behind you.

You don't have to buy all this new cover scent, odor remove, charcoal filter crap to kill deer. We don't shower for a week, smell like campfire smoke and beer, and still kill deer. You just have to shut the fawk up and be quiet!

Despite commons sense, if you’re riding a four wheeler at 40 mph, and the upper water hose comes off, spraying your inner thighs with boiling water, you will bail off!

No, a comealong is not as good as a winch!

If you pick up an armadillo by the tail, start shaking him. If you don't, he'll roll up and bite you.

Most animals will follow their head. If you push a full-grown cow's head around to the right, she'll go that way.

Jackasses and Shetland ponies don't follow this rule.

Jackasses and Shetland ponies will bend their necks around and bite you while your riding them!

Don't ever punch a Shetland pony in the face, it pisses them off, and will break your hand.

Don't ever punch a pit bull, I think they like it.

If you're 12 years old, home alone, and your dog gets run over and breaks his back, you can either shoot him and put him out of his misery, or you can watch him die slow and painful.

After a while, you learn that shooting a pet to put it out of its misery is actually not a mean thing to do.

Snakebites rarely kill a dog, but they will make him swell up like a parade balloon.

If you ever have a chance to help out a neighbor, take it. More than likely one day you'll need help, and your neighbors are a lot closer than most of your friends and relatives.

If you shoot your cousin in the leg with a BB gun, chances are, he won't forget, and one day, a year or so later, he'll get you back.

Pellets definitely hurt worse than BBs!

Your cousin will shoot you in the *** , not the leg!

If a calf swallows a fish hook and it gets stuck in it's tongue, you will have to push it all the way through, cut off the barb, then remove it.

Calf slobber stinks really bad first thing in the morning.

If you have to stick your arms up a cows rear to turn the calf that is coming out backwards, you will have a special place in your heart for both that cow and calf.

You will, however; still eat that calf when the time comes.

When you're feeling kinda sick, Cow Combiotic(sp), which is medicine for cows, will make you feel better, but it burns like when injected.

Pigs will eat almost anything. This includes birds that you shoot with your BB gun and don't want your mom to find out about.

Pigs will bite you just for the hell of it.

You will get revenge, at the dinner table.

Some pit bull dogs can't swim. Actually, some can't even float, they just sink like rocks and you have to dive in to get them.

If you throw your dog into the pond to see if he swims, and he sinks, it's your obligation to dive in and save him.

When you're milking a cow, never let the bucket get over half full, this is when they like to kick it over.

If you're trying to give a calf a shot, and you get into a wrestling match with it and break one of it's horns off against the wall of the chute, not only will it bleed all over you, but it will hold it against you for the rest of it's life.

It's grudge only makes it easier to eat it!

A coachwhip snake will actually chase you if you piss it off!

Baby rattlesnakes have a worse attitude than their parents, but they're easier to squash.

A Honda 200 3-wheeler will float, but there is no guarantee that it will float right side up!

An International Scout will not float!

Never trust the parking brake on an old International Scout!

Wild duck is great eating, but kinda hard to pluck.

Eating tame duck tastes like **** and pisses off the neighbors.

If a goose is charging you, you can throw a shoe at him and make him stop.

Make sure it's not your shoe, because retrieving it will not be easy!

If you raise baby squirrels until they are grown, they make good eating.

Your sister will get really pissed when she finds out that you ate her pet squirrels.

If you raise a fawn (baby deer), he will start to get an attitude when he starts getting horns.

Deer stink!

That little bastard will jump the fence and run away exactly one week before you plan on killing him and making sausage out of him and your pigs.

Pigs will not jump the fence and run away!

Pork sausage just isn't the same without deer!

Sheep are hard to kill!

Cows aren't nearly as hard to kill as sheep, go figure!

My Grandpa always told me, "if you get finned by a catfish, rub some of the slime off of him on the cut, and it won't hurt."

Grandpa lied!

If your cousin steps on a catfish, and the fin goes through the top of his foot, you can't just pull it out. You have to cut off the top part, then pull it out; it kinda has little barbs like a fishhook, how ironic!

An alligator Gar really does look like an alligator when you’re pulling him in the boat on a trotline.

When your duck hunting, and a beaver slaps his tail on the water right beside you, you'd better hope you don't need to pee, otherwise you'll smell like piss all day!

Soft-shell turtle tastes just like fish.

Never pee off the front of the boat when dad is at the wheel and it's running!

Dad likes to throw people out of the front of the boat while they're peeing!

Dad gets mad if you throw him out of the front of the boat while he's peeing!

If you shoot a squirrel and he starts running on the ground, you will not get to him before your pit bull.

Pit bulls will not let go of a half dead squirrel.

Pit bulls will eat an entire squirrel except for his tail.

When you go squirrel hunting with a shotgun, make sure that you chew very slowly.

Biting into a piece of lead shot hurts.

If a skunk sprays your dog, he will instinctively come running to you for comfort.

You cannot outrun a pit bull that's been sprayed by a skunk.

Skunks stink!

When you're driving on a dirt road with large trees on both sides, and a dog runs out, hit the dog, not the trees.

Your neighbor will get pissed if you run over his dog!

If you pit bull kills and eats your sister's cat, don't tell her.

Make sure you find and bury the tail, otherwise she'll find out.

If your bull jumps the fence and starts eating the flowers off of the cemetery graves next door, just let him finish.

People freak out when they go to the cemetery and see a bull!

A full-grown Brahma bull can, in fact, jump a 4-foot cyclone fence surrounding the cemetery.

His balls will usually hit, and he'll walk kind funny for a few minutes.

Pit bulls will herd cattle with the best of them.

Brahma bulls don't like pit bull dogs.

If a pit bull grabs onto a Brahma bull's ear, it's very hard to separate them.

Electric fences don't stop pigs!

If you're riding your four wheeler in the woods and get stuck, then get off to push and the mud steals one of your boots, don't assume that you'll go ahead and push the four wheeler a few more feet then come back for your boot.

You will not find a buried boot within a 10 square foot section of mud, I think it eats it!

Do not get pissed and throw your other boot into the woods.

It's hard to shift a four wheeler with no boots on.

And last (at least for now), but not least: Burning the dead grass off of the pasture makes the new grass grow faster and thicker, but burning all of the grass and flowers off of the cemetery just pisses people off!

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
hooyeah
Re: Redneck Wisdom   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   12:22 AM     

i read the first half then got bored

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: Redneck Wisdom   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   11:39 AM     

oh my god i'm a redneck.

half that shit sounded wayyy too familiar like the 'if your dog bites you stick your fist in his mouth and he'll try to get away....but don't let him get away because he'll bite you.'

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
hooyeah
Re: Redneck Wisdom   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   12:21 PM     

jsut read the rest of them they're funny and please tell me you didn't write all those down yourself..... also please say you didn't learn those from personal experience

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Redneck Wisdom   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   3:13 PM     

sadly those all sound way too familiar... like a story i heard once... hehe...

ok...

there was this family who lived on a ranch and raised cows pigs and goats and such... well one pig was abandoned by its mother so they had to raise it in the house and bottle feed it.... well one day the house caught fire and this family didnt have any fire alarms... well the pig ran upstairs and woke up everyone in the family so they could get out of the house and the pig even saved the families' baby child... well... while the man was telling us this story about his pig we noticed that the pig had one wooden leg, so we ask, "did he lose a leg in the fire or something?" then the man replies, "No... we just didnt have the heart to eat a pig that loyal all at once"

hehe... i always found that story funny...

-Gor

Bombadier

Re: Redneck Wisdom   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   7:43 PM     

yes, i have learned some of those from personal experience........
a few others i can proudly say i'm not guilty of.....
But that doesn't make me NOT a red-neck........ Just a mud-eatin' cracker...... :D

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"