This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 5567

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Stryker
Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   11:09 AM     

Not that I think that anyone here cares cause we have no street truck enthusiasts here, but since no one else is sayin much, I thought I'd tell ya all I'm startin work on my truck tomorrow. We're tearin off the bak bumper and puttin a roll pan in place. Gonna shave the tailgate handle, door handles, antenae, and mold the roll pan to the sides of the bed. Also gonna fix all the dings and minor scratches.
The interior is gettin stripped. Gonna paint the dash white/black trim. A few pieces need replaced. Gonna ditch the seats and try to find some new ones...Want bucket seats. Then my system is goin in...

Don't think anyone will care 'bout this, just wanted to tell someone.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Metal396
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   11:46 AM     

Right on man, i like mini trucks somewhat... dood make some gullwing doors! lol

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   12:06 PM     

LOL. I thought about doin suicide doors, but after seein a few S-Dyme's with them, I decided not too...just don't look all that hot. I AM gonna try out a suicide hood though...I gonna have to fabricate the hinges though, cause I can't find anyone who actually sells it as a kit...

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Metal396
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   12:15 PM     

i know a dude at my school. he cut the roof right off his truck lol, its interesting... a convertible truck ... hahaha sucked for him when it rained though!

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   12:20 PM     

Yeah, there's an '89 s10 here in town that has a retractable hard top. Kinda cool actually...

uglystick
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:00 PM     

why not take the whole front fenders/clip and hood and weld it into one piece then make a flip forward front end. depending on the front strut/shock/spring setup, it's relatively easy to do. especially with a car that has bolt on fenders.

i've got a few cool plans for tilt mechanisms to use with that kind of setup. rad teflon coated rails that make it tip forward and slide forward on these rails simultaneously. looks friggin awesome. the front end of the truck ends up almost 6" out off the front end tilted straight up and down...lots of room to see the engine/etc. with a full frame truck like the s10 it should be simple.

i originally wanted to do that with my koop....god bless its soul. now it's going to the fuckin crusher it seems...we'll see. i need to get my head around it...

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:02 PM     

That sounds cool as hell!
Only problem is that I'm gonna be doin most of this shit myself! lol
It's gonna be hard enough for me to shave the damned handles.

hooyeah
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:20 PM     

so you're ricing it out? :P do you have a bench in it? if you do the one guy i know put seats from an 80's firebird in his s10 and just dyed them to match the interior

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:46 PM     

do you have access to a welder? if so, you should be able to do the tilt forward front end pretty easily. take photos under the hood and share them and i'll give you some ideas.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   5:16 PM     

It's not rice bitch. It's called 'SHOW ONLY...NO RACE!'
And yes...I have access to a welder, but I'm still not sure if I wanna do that or not...It'd look really cool, but I think I gonna stick wit the suicide idea. lol. And besides...I dont' wanna do anythign too extreme...

hooyeah
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   6:49 PM     

besides the "extreme" badges

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   7:15 PM     

Not doin Xtreme badges, moron. It's completely shaved.

sweetdevil
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   7:58 PM     

I got a new billet grill for xmas....

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
hooyeah
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   8:35 PM     

oooh oooh oooh now now no need for name callin or else i'll have to well ya know all i have to say is still got your altezzas? just messin with ya man

VROOMMMM!
Stryker
Re: Truck Makeover   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   1:08 AM     

Yeah yeah. Blow me. **That was directed at hooyeah as an insult, but if sweetdevil wants to blow me, she's more than welcome...**
They look better than the stock lights...

Pages in this thread: (1) 2