This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6655

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Metal396
Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   4:39 PM     

haha yeah thought id post in here, cause nobody else has been ... well i just got my first job! start work at 6 today, woohoo... im workin at a pizza restaurant, really really good food... im not gunna be delivering for a while though but hey, minimum wage is good enough for me , makin pizzas . my bro worked there for 2 years, and he has a bunch of friends, whom i am cool with (they got me the job ) , hehe. well im spent, hope i dont do anything stoopid .. haha

Thomen

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   5:21 PM     

my 1st job i got at 14 my next job was selling water yup i sold water

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Bombadier

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   8:11 PM     

my first job was at a plastics factory. Blow molding HVAC stuff and duct-work for the BigThree. It was a hellish place to work, using razor-sharp hookbill knives to cut out parts from 500 degree plastic with between 45-60 seconds between parts with sometimes 3 different processes for each one. Sometimes temps next to the presses would hit 110 in the middle of the night.
After working there a year, i'd seen a lot of guys quit before lunch time. But cutting and ripping out parts like that for as long as i did got me into killer shape.....
Then i got lazy and started driving forklifts..........
But recently, after extended periods of time either looking for jobs, or working piddly-ant pay gigs, i decided to sell my soul to Uncle Sam.
I joined the Army and will be shipping out April 1 (yeahyeah, i know ).........
Basically, the government is going to be paying me very good money to do what i love to do........ work on trucks........ i decided i'd be more than willing to serve for my country to do what i love.........
plus my wife will be well taken care of, housing allowances rock, and everything is cheaper on-post. On top of that, every base i've checked out has a fully stocked automotive garage that we can use for rebuilding engines, doing suspension lifts, etc etc....
Granted, you have to rent the tools (if you don't have them already), and the time on the lifts........ But i'd gladly trade that for working on ant-infested gravel in the middle of the night with only an 80 watt light to see with.

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
Metal396
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   11:24 PM     

hehe my first day went suprisingly well, cool people im workin with too! what sucks is an hour of cleaning after closing and all that fun stuff, cause its a resturant... but i found some hidden skills, I CAN MAKE SOME GOOD FRIGGIN PIZZA!!!! lol, easy, and i didnt burn myself with the oven the first night..... maybe that oven will get me back tomorrow i dunno lol . well im happy with my 6.75 an hour lol.. just cant wait till they have me start delivering, makin the cash from tips..

[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   2:26 AM     

don't use the stang for deliveries 8 cylinders and lots of miles may be fun but it'll eat your tips up in gas faster than you can say wally wuzza fuzzy bear

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Bombadier

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   2:27 AM     

when you start driving rounds, keep an eye out for those neglected and lonely housewives....... They LOVE pizza delivery guys....

hooyeah
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   2:30 AM     

oh ohh ohhh and ya can't forget to offer to fix any odd household appliances as well

VROOMMMM!
Metal396
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   11:43 AM     

hahaha i have 2 cars, the mustang and an 1987 chevy spectrum with a 1.5 liter MONSTER! pushing a whopping 50 horses!

3 spd!! woooohooo careful with that beast, it will (not) spin those p75/R100-13 tires all over the place! lol

but even if i had to make runs in the mustang i do get good gas mileage for what it is, 18 mpg at best.... good for a cleveland.... but spectrum works fine for that stuff.

lol ill be aware of those housewives lol. wow they really wanna get me used to working there, theyre working me every day this week.... damn lol

well cya

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   3:46 PM     

so im makeing what 20 more dollars an hour then you lol

Metal396
Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   4:02 PM     

well how old are you? and how many jobs have you had before?

all that considered, you cant even really compare our jobs you know, but go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. Even though thats a pretty pathetic way to raise your self-asteem.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   4:06 PM     

i am 18, and have had about 4 or 5 jobs

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:17 PM     

you mean you only make $36 an hour?

i got paid $200 an hour doing software developement and $100 an hour setting up networks for local ISP's and once i save the money i'll hopefully be making more running my own ISP... but hey... if comparing bow much cash you have makes you feel better... i will soon be working at the local HEB or video store making minimum wage... that should make you feel better..

-Gor

Bombadier

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:59 PM     

$200/hr????

A close friend of mine got about $350/hr setting up mainframes, about $300 for corporate websites, and about $150/hr for PC housecalls......

The bastard ended up marrying a client that he was called to set up a PC for.........

The lady has a net-worth of about $4-million.......and not too shabby on the physical aspects either (for a 45yr old woman!).
I don't think it mattered much that she's 20yrs older than he is, and that he never has to work a day in his life anymore either...........

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   2:53 PM     

well i was offered 200/hr doing software developement and then i was promised a percentage of the final profits from the game... needless to say the company went out of business when the tech industry fell so much and the game was never finished but i still got that 200/hr...

i dont charge much for setting up networks b/c i like catering to smaller businesses and i only set up the infrastructure and cabling and no support or anything... or.. .i will do some support if their network fails 'cuz of soemthing some idiot did (which happens more often than companies would like to admit).... but if that happens then i generally charge more to come and fix it....

its sad how many people just download download download and destroy servers with all the viruses they download....

i dont do house calls for tech support but i do sometimes take fonecalls and i used to work in Tier 3 tech support for Dell but in Tier 3 the only calls we got were from other large businesses with problems running their software on Dell's computers... we had a lot of fun with that b/c there were a few bugs with some games so we'd sit and "test" the games out for like a month... we'd set up networks and play against eachother with like 30 ppl playing... it was great...

but anywho... i've never set up mainframes, but i have done some web-developing and i sell web-based applications that i code...

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: Who just got a job? i think it was ME!   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   6:30 PM     

Shit man, I was thinking of being a network admin but I figured i'd shoot myself, just sounds soooo frustrating. "Hey mr computer guy, IE wont open, I think my mother board and father board melted." :P
How was it for you?

-Ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2