This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1863

StolenSparkOne

New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Fri Dec 27, 02   11:48 AM     

There's a new Race complex in town!!! Actually, it's called Palm Springs International Raceway
[url=www.psir.com] Click to check out their plans [/url] ( <-- I dont know if this is going to work )
This is supposed to be built out in TP - So now you can get your grub on at In-N-Out and race some chump who revved on you in the drive-thru.
Have fun checkin' it out...

sweetdevil
Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Fri Dec 27, 02   1:00 PM     

THAT WOULD FUCKING ROCK!!!
MotoX Track!!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!!!
Maybe this desert hasn't totally gone to shit... I will pray for phase one to be completed soon every night!!!

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
BadAssDodge

Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Sat Dec 28, 02   12:11 AM     

oh man i just checked that site out, and saw the master plan....this place has everything planned there, i hope they build it

Faster & More Furious
1969Stang
Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   2:56 PM     

are they going to be building that...cause if so....OH SHIT YEAH....

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
Cutlass

Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   4:26 PM     

i knew about the planning of this for about 4 months now, a friend of mine may be running the place. there are a few little details to work out from what i understand but it's looking like it'll be going in.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
LS4_454
Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   9:21 PM     

Dont get your hopes up, those plans look like ones from about 5 years ago and it failed. They couldn't buy all the property in the area and then everything fell through. They planned too much too quickly and overwhelmed the city council and no one went for it. The have a page for "club" members consisting of 250 people at $100,000 per member and another $40,000 a year. This is what you call not having your own money and then try to get everyone else to pay for it or simply "investors", which never materialized. If you notice the company is PSIR.INC and most everyone now is using LLC which gives different (better)protection to the company owners.

sweetdevil
Re: New Track To Be Built - NOT DRAGCity   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   7:44 AM     

the plans actually came about in the 80's
race-dezert comments

quote from there:
They have been trying to get this racetrack going since the demise of Riverside. I went to the hearings for the proposed track originally and it was a joke. There were only a few of us to represent the off roaders and this was back in the late 80`s. The city council didnt even take our concerns into account and how much revenue it would bring in. Just the noise and booze and drug use. The Coachella valley kinda dried up literally there for a while after Sonny Bono chased out all the kids for spring break. Invited the "alternative lifestyle" folks in and that was it for spring break. As far as the race track goes, gonna be ahrad pressed to get around the environmental issues there. The fringe toed lizard and other animals are gonna keep that from happening. Whats funny is how the golf courses and condos keep going up in the places where I used to get tickets for riding by 3 wheeler and dirt bike. What a friggen joke. I hope they build it, I wouldnt go to Vegas and place any bets that it will happen anytime soon....

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!