This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8099

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
BlownGTP

good videos here   Posted Sun Dec 22, 02   6:04 PM     

http://www.gtrcentral.com/movies/data/other/

there are some vids of that killer 240 Z on here also(i know ugly likes that one). the car seems to be wickedly fast. it has a good look to it also. its got a supercharged LT1 in it.

there are also videos of other cars and bikes to so if you have some time, take a peek because there is alot of good car action.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   1:43 PM     

Try these.......
http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/tom/rx7_bang.mpg

and this one.........
http://www.csulb.edu/~ghobbs/RX-7burnout.mpg

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
Metal396
Re: good videos here   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   1:46 PM     

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1&Board=forum&Number=457170&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=

these are my kinda videos!!!! lol

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: good videos here   Posted Mon Dec 23, 02   3:41 PM     

ok bombadier, tell me you have more vids of peoples mills letting go like that!!! i want more!

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   5:27 PM     

I'll try to find more, i've got tons of videos on CD-Rs laying about..... i've just got to sort through them.

Somewhere, i have a video of a '59 Buick and a '58 Chevy drag racing in the desert somewhere. At about 1/4 mile, the Chevy's mill lets loose...... from the looks of it, it appears that all eight cylinders rocketed straight through the hood......
You can actually see the guy's intake manifold get launched about 100' in the air!

Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Mon Dec 30, 02   8:01 PM     

Check the video out.......... those guys are asking for a Darwin Award!

http://www.westcoastfilmworks.com/films.htm#

BlownGTP

Re: good videos here   Posted Tue Dec 31, 02   7:10 AM     

watching that video makes me want to go buy a brand new TL1000. ive seen someone do the skiing behind the car thing except they had 2 pepole get out and do it.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: good videos here   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:10 PM     

did you hear about the guy who got the darwin award for his car?

ok... back in the day bigass jet planes used to use a thing called JATO or jet assisted take off... these things are basically GIANT FUCKING rockets... well... this guy got like 4 of 'em and bolted 'em on his 50-something chevy... this guy then got his car and hit the gas to see how fast he can go... so he's punchin the gas then he engages his JATO's and he then decides that he's going too fast and hits his brakes and the instant he presses the brakes, they disintegrate... the investigative forces for this accident didnt know how fast this guy was going when he hit the cliff-side, but they esitimate he was going about 300mph when his car left the ground and flew into the cliffside... but for reference... the only thing left of him was 2 teeth found embedded in his steering wheel and his car was nearly completely disintegreated....

now THAT guy was an idiot and WELL deserved his darwin award... hehe...

just like they say... the most common last words of anyone is "hey guys, watch this"

and the funniest last words were said by a british general in WWI i think... "those snipers couldnt hit an elephant at that dist..." hehe...

-Gor

hooyeah
Re: good videos here   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:24 PM     

lst time i heard that story it was a plymouth satelite it's true but it's bene around to long to know for sure the specifics the cops found sometihng smoulkdering in a cliffside

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: good videos here   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:35 PM     

lol... ya... my dad told me that story many moons ago when i started building up my mustang... hehe...

-Gor

Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:50 PM     

LOL, that particular JATO Darwin-award is pure urban legend. The closest thing to the real story was a couple GIs on Guam were in the process of attaching 5.75" rocket motors onto their Jeep, but got busted before lighting them off.
JATO bottles are fairly large, easily as long as a VW, and nearly as heavy. Each provides somewhere around 20,000lbs of thrust. It would be quite a feat to attach even one JATO bottle to a car securely so it doesn't rip itself off when ignited.......
I can almost guarantee that this tale was concocted by a military type

hooyeah
Re: good videos here   Posted Wed Jan 1, 03   11:53 PM     

i want a jato weld it onto the spare chevette and ram that guy at the end of the stereets house :P thats what he gets for complaining when my brother did donuts infront of his house

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   12:05 AM     

instead of wasting a Chevette, just weld some fins onto the JATO-bottle, set up a launch-chute, and let 'er rip.......

Donuts in front of the neighbor's house???? He ain't got any room to bitch until you take that Scout of yours and leave some big old brodies in his front yard.

hooyeah
Re: good videos here   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   12:06 AM     

i have a scout? and i think the guy shoud be happy enough that he saw a chevette do donuts :P

VROOMMMM!
Bombadier

Re: good videos here   Posted Thu Jan 2, 03   12:22 AM     

ooops, mistaken identity.........and too much Jager...

Uglystick- do this man a favor then and lend him your Scout so he can do a proper number on that idiot's front lawn...

Pages in this thread: (1) 2