This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4099

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
BlownGTP

Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:41 PM     

we have a chance to buy a 2001BMW M5 for the dealership. i dont know what the car is worth. its a 2001 with 17000 miles, dark blue in color, navigation control, all the options. we can buy the car for $56000. does that seem like a fair price? the car looks amazing. let me know what you think because i have no idea what the car is worth. keep in mind that this is a whosale price and we still would have to retail the car for a profit. thanks

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:45 PM     

I know the M3 goes for around 45-50 G's. Don't know too much about M5's, sounds like a good deal though...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:46 PM     

it does to me also but im not for sure, we dont deal with big dollar high line like that.

hooyeah
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   4:47 PM     

ls454 will be able to help you i'm guessing

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   6:33 PM     

i dunno. kelleybluebook.com, i mean shit, you're the car dealer gtp!!

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
LS4_454
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Thu Dec 19, 02   7:47 PM     

Hey Blown GTP,
Aren't you in Michigan? For my zip in So Cal the blue book is $60,000, so $56,000 would be a great deal and the re sale on it is around $73,000, nice profit! Make sure and e-mail me the VIN BEFORE you buy it, I can check it on BMW's system to make sure it is OK to buy as far as it having a warranty. It could be some damaged car with no warranty, do you know why they are selling it and what kind of a dealer is it?

BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Fri Dec 20, 02   7:47 AM     

im in wisconsin. i would check the blue book too but it is way off based and we dont use those numbers. ill try to get the vin from the present owner of the car. he isnt another car dealership, hes one of our whosalers. ive looked on the auto trader and the prices are all over the board. some are $66000 and some are $49000. so its hard to get a usefull number to go off of. another problem we have is who the hell is going to buy it from us with the economy this bad.

im usually really good with knowing what a car is worth to us but its usually a grand prix or a Yukon or a camry and not a 2001 BMW M5! LOL and LS4_454 thanks for the help and ill get that to you asap.

BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Sun Dec 22, 02   5:52 PM     

the car sold on us. we took to much time thinking about it. oh well, i guess it wasnt meant to be

BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   7:05 AM     

hey ugly, and LS454. you werent kidding about the bmw having some power. my dad just picked up a 97 540i and i couldnt belive the power that the car had. i stomped on it when i was going about 55 and the needle shot to 100 real quick. i was real supprised. Hey LS454, can i give you the vin to this car to check out?

uglystick
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   10:00 AM     

hehehe wait till you supercharge it!

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K
BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   10:23 AM     

LOL, i figured that you would get a kick out of that ugly. by the way, what is the displacement of this car? anybody know?

uglystick
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   10:41 AM     

i think it's either a 4 or a 4.2 liter.

shit block though. imho. bad cylinder wear depending on the alloy type they used from what i've heard.

jason
still back in the iron block middle ages...

LS4_454
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   8:59 PM     

Yes Hooyeah, send me the VIN, last seven digits. The engine is a 4.4 and makes about 280 HP. Hold that baby in first or second gear till about 4,000 RPM and then nail it! If you are on a good road you may notice it wanting to go to the right, then when you let off the gas, in the same gear, it will go left. Feels like the motor is trying to spin itself out of the subframe.

LS4_454
Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Tue Dec 24, 02   9:04 PM     

Hey Jason,
Some of the early '93-'95 engines had some problems with block wear eventually causing a very rough/lumpy idle. Some of it was blamed on the programming of the engine module and there was too much fuel during the cold start and the excess fuel was washing the oil from the cylinders. Some states also had fuel with high sulfer content and that was also a factor but the later models after '96 didn't have this problem.

BlownGTP

Re: Hey uglystick! or anybody else that knows   Posted Wed Dec 25, 02   10:01 PM     

lol, well im BLOWNGTP not hooyeah. ill send that vin when i get it. my dad is driving the car and actually he said he has a problem with it. he said he blew aprt the radiator some how. ill get that vin asap but the car might be going into the shop now.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2