This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6834

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
BlownGTP

1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   10:12 AM     

does anybody have any good resources for finding parts for a 73 grand am? i need doors and rear quarters for the car. i found quarters in texas but the guy wants $1100 for each. i cant even find reproduction parts for the car. any help would be great.

the car is extremly rare so i dont want to give up on it. there were only 187 of them built with the 4 speed and i have one of them.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Stryker
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   1:16 PM     

eBay?
But seriously...If there were only 187 of them built, I would be willing to pay 1100 each for em...Not like you can just go to a car dealer and ask for a replacement...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   1:29 PM     

only 187 built with a 4 speed i'm sure theres more out there just nbot thast engine trans combo

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
BlownGTP

Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   1:45 PM     

yea, there was only 187 4 speed cars built. there were more of the automatics built but they didnt even build a whole lot of those either. they are a rare car but alot of pepole reffered to them as "the ugly pontiac" but i love the looks of them. they were going after the european market with that car.

uglystick
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   1:58 PM     

i would try chevyland (916-638-3906)

or any of the following:

original parts group: 800-243-8355
jim's chevy: 916-635-8790
sundale chevy parts: 704-434-6759
ausleys chevy parts: 800.228.7539

good luck chief. i know my local auto parts store can get most replacement panels as well.

187 ain't that rare though. honestly. but you've got the means to get it back to perfect, it will be worth the effort.

tell us more about the car, i'm confused.

grand am's are wierd. why not a grand prix?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
uglystick
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   2:02 PM     

ok nevermind, i understand. it's oddball, hence you like it. that's cool. that car is about as rare as my scout is. with the right buyer and the car in good shape, you could get BUCKS, but you need that 'right buyer.' don't forget about that.

also, i would make sure to verify everything including the cowl tag (cross reference the cowl to everything it describes and make sure there are NO inconsistencies when you compare the features listed on the tag with the features in the car). it's easy to swap cowl tags. it's not easy to make all of the data on the cowl tag match everything on the car...

my .02 cents.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:16 PM     

actually, i have the original window sticker from when the car was new so it is an original 4 speed. when i get it together, i wont sell it. i like the car to much to do that. my dad and i have always liked the way thay drive and ride. he also had one as i was growing up. did you see pics of one to know what they look like? i should link some for you. but yea, the car is an odd ball. when i call for parts, the guys at the parts store say that there is no such thing as a 73 grand am LOL. do you ever see the cars driving around by you in your area at all?

uglystick
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:27 PM     

man i'd check with the aussies...i'll bet some of their holdens have those SAME fenders. post a pic and ask around.

jason

JcAus
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:29 PM     

Yeah post up a pic and I am sure that There would be some out here in Aus. Quite a few 70's Grand Ams have been done up over here

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
uglystick
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:38 PM     

DING! what'd i tell ya? hell, i'll bet they can get fiberglass fenders and everything! hehehe...post some pics and a list of what you need. i also have a '72 motortrend that has the whole next years lines including pontiac...i'm going to read about it tonight.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:41 PM     

lol, thanks alot guys. ive never thought about talking to the ausies. hey ugly, if you want to really read up about the grand am, get this months issue of pontiac magazine and the car is on the cover with a story about them.

JcAus
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:43 PM     

I have a couple of mates that could whip up some Fibreglass panels some of em can use like photo editiing and CAD to make em.

But yeah we have a huge store out here call Amerian Spares or Rare Spares and they can pretty muchly get anything at all

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
BlownGTP

Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   4:51 PM     

here, if your intrested.
http://www.oldpontiacs.com/pmga1.html
http://www.missandhit.com/new/1973.cfm
here is the 73 gto. same car with a changed front end for the gto.
http://www.abodysite.com/73gtomine.html

i really didnt think anybody would be this intrested. thanks guys. exspecialy you ugly!

hooyeah
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Mon Dec 16, 02   5:09 PM     

haha i saw an american muslce car episode i think thats what it was and they did a show about grand ams they also refered tot hem simply as "the ugly pontiac"

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: 1973 pontiac Grand Am   Posted Tue Dec 17, 02   11:23 AM     

so in '73 the grand-am body was the gto huh? i'm confused by that last site...

never seen one before. restore it.

jason

Pages in this thread: (1) 2