This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 13810

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
uglystick
mad scientist at work...   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   12:13 PM     

i got my mig welder yesterday. starting to learn how to weld. it sure is fun. my dad is in town this month and he's helping me out. that guy could weld the earth to the moon...on 110v.

my car parts have also started flooding in. it's pretty overwhelming actually. my garage was clean on friday. now it is full of boxes and parts and packing material.
the rear strut brace/battery relocater kit showed up. my detroit locker & gears for the scout showed up. i got about 10 videos on auto body and metal shaping with an english wheel (jesse james kind of shit).

i'm still waiting on a box that will be about the size of a small automobile full of struts and springs, camber plates, bolt kits, etc...

and finally, the turbo stuff.

omg, this is gonna be fun!

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
SweetNeon

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   8:29 PM     

should of bought a tig

MrPeabody

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Wed Dec 11, 02   10:55 PM     

Lucky bastard, you should lend me some cash so I can join the fun

-Ben

Bombadier

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   7:48 AM     

Welding is great. Nothing like the smell of molten metal in the morning.

Uglystick- Got pics of that Scout? I'd love to find a 'binder, but they're pretty rare around here. The last one i saw was all burned up and heading for the crusher.

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
uglystick
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   9:30 AM     

chad, i didn't buy it. and this one is flexible enough to do everything i want to use it for. if you don't shut up i'll weld your braces together. ;-)

bombadier, i'll post pics of my scout. where are you located? bet i could find you one for under 500 bucks within 130 miles.

ben, as for 'all that cash,' i've been driving a friggin hooptie for three months and not eating lunch to buy all of that shit. my fiancee & i haven't gone out to dinner in months. i even cut down my smokie treat intake to about 3 a day and quit smokin pot for a while...so i'm paying for all that cash...oh, and a few weeks back i worked 72 hours in one week. that's 22 hours of overtime for those of you who can't subtract.

jason

uglystick
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   9:31 AM     

oh, the camber plates & shocks came yesterday.

jason

sweetdevil
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   1:11 PM     

Hey, Mr. Mathmetician,

In reply to:

i worked 72 hours in one week. that's 22 hours of overtime for those of you who can't subtract.

It's 32, normal people work 40 hour work weeks...

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   3:35 PM     

and you wonder why i have such a hard time saving money!

jason
and it was 62 hour weeks, because i got 22 over. i miscalc'd the other direction...

hooyeah
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   4:02 PM     

for a computer doohickey "smart" guy you're purdy dumb!

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   5:49 PM     

smart enough to get paid. maybe i was just a little hurried in posting that, ya think? it's been a psycho busy day, but i'm still trying to chat with y'all all day long...

oh, and at least i ain't got nothin that runs on greasel, chevetteburglar.

like the title of the thread indicates. there's some scientist in me, and some madness too.

;-)

jason

hooyeah
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   6:20 PM     

i'm just messin with ya man and by the way both our vettes run on gas the deisel vettes are really rare....oooh i want a cummins chevette for x mas

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   7:02 PM     

try it with your slopy no good bead weak tig welder wanta be mig pos

Bombadier

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   7:14 PM     

Uglystick- I'm in Tampa, Florida. I have found a few IH Scouts and a couple Scout II's around the state, but they're either built and way pricey, or they're picked-over hulks. I pass a pristine cream colored Scout with a nice factory fiberglass topper almost every day. I should stop and snap some pics for you.

As for welding, to avoid the metal boogers, i usually get some of those little cotton rolls for fingernail polishing, loosen them up a little so i can breath through 'em, and stick 'em in my nose.
Sure it looks silly, but after welding for 8hrs constantly for years, i got tired of metal boogers and had to do something..... BTW, a dust-mask would've worked, but you can't smoke through a dust-mask

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
hooyeah
Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   7:19 PM     

welding mask may also work yes i know they're annoying but welders flash IS NOT FUN

VROOMMMM!
SweetNeon

Re: mad scientist at work...   Posted Thu Dec 12, 02   7:26 PM     

if you were on xtc or acid it would be

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3