This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2185

sweetdevil
My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   1:33 PM     

well, I'm back! Ok, you probably didn't even know I was gone, but Thursday night I set my trip odometer, and I just got back in town, and it reads 1700 miles!

I headed up to San Francisco (8 hrs of driving), then up to Redding (another 4 hours of driving) on Saturday... Gawd, I love that place, it's like going to an old car show. I'm bummed I missed out on cruise night, but the cars up there are just great. Shlockrods of all years, shapes, sizes and makes. I went to visit the caddy, and my cousin moved the Elky and the Dodge outta the way, so I can get it out now! I took some pics, but I have to find one of those places in town that develops film to disk...

My dad and I headed back down to SF Friday night (another 4 hours of driving) and partied in the city the rest of the weekend. I love to visit that place. Everytime I go there, we go somewhere new, that place is so damn big! I'm pretty sure I'll be moving up there for the summer to do some stuff with my music... I don't think I could live there too permenantly though, I don't mean to be racist (but I pretty much am) but there are no white people there... All the people that used to be the minorities, are now the majorities, and I think I saw about 10 other white people this weekend! (Well, except for redding, which is nothing but a bunch of rednecks) I got a great picture of this HUGE fat guy in overalls sitting in a late 70's chevy truck with a bumper sticker that said "Gun control is using both hands"
Anyhow... for all of you who've been up north to that part of Cali know exactly what I'm talking about... Take a trip into SF, and all you see is rice... no trucks, no old cars, it sucks....

Well, I'm tired from driving so damn much, it only took me 7 hours to get back in today... thank God, no speeding tickets this trip!

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
MrPeabody

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   1:37 PM     

Yeah, SF kicks major ass. We go there to see Giant's games. There is a good amount of rice, but we mainly see allot of rich ass people in their rich ass cars. I did see the Veilside RX-7 when I was down there... drool. But yeah, no muscle cars

-Ben

uglystick
Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   3:53 PM     

no muscle? bwahahahahahahahhahaha

you must not have run across the 9 second 442 that i saw driving on the STREET while i was there last. luckily i recognized him from the last nhra event (and the LOCO 442 License Plate), so we didn't even bother him with the dodge (bwahahahah).

there are plenty of muscle cars in the bay. more often in the east bay concentrated around pleasanton (the home of an annual good guys show). one day in that town and i'd bet you would see over 30 custom paint jobs on bags & 20's....all '50-'70 cars and trucks. i'm talking the paint jobs you see on the cover of rod & custom...not rice with color changing stripes.

the bay is killer. the cars out there are psycho and either look phenomenal or look like ass and run like a raped ape.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
SweetNeon

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   7:53 PM     

sounded like your weekend was pretty boreing

Gorgoth3k1

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   8:13 PM     

i've never been west of texas... well... Colorado is kind of west... but ya... i've never been out that way... been all the way to the east coast... but the farthest north i've been is either colorado or North Carolina... whichever one is further north... hehe...

i wanna go to cali someday... wanna check out a few places over thar... hehe... few friends of mine said they saw like ferraris and shit all over the place in like LA or somethin... i've only seen 1 lamborghini and 1 ferrari in person in my life... i wanna see more

hehe...

but ya... someday... lol...

-Gor

SweetNeon

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   8:36 PM     

just come by my shop lol

Gorgoth3k1

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   8:56 PM     

that'd be badass... seems you gots some awesome cars in there....

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   8:57 PM     

Just go to Scottsdale AZ and you'll se plenty of rich ass pricks in their Ferrari's

-Ben

JcAus
Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   9:00 PM     

It looks as though I will be coming out to the US again next year, I am looking at coming out in end of July early August. Is there anything going on in Cali during that time? I have a friend that live in Ventura, Ca, so I will be stopping by his place then and then prolly heading out to NC and VA. I am looking at spending about 4 weeks over there.

Where is all the best places to go?

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
MrPeabody

Re: My weekend   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   9:03 PM     

Fresno, Central and Goldenstate (Old 99), Saturday nights starting at 11:00 :P That's the only thing near me

-Ben