This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 9142

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
BlownGTP

mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   8:44 AM     

Now this is a car! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874086494

This is what i want some day but the damn things are so expensive. That car must haul some ass because my dads S500 goes pretty good completly stock. it will tear up a caddy STS with no problem. i wonder what kind of money this guy has into this car. (notice the supercharger part) he says its been clocked at 172 mph!

i still have never riden in a nicer car than an S500 mercedes. those germans sure do know how to put together a solid car.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   9:33 AM     

he must of taken off the speed limiter then all those mercedes are way to fast but all the speeds are so limited they don't even nearly reach their maximum performances

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   10:40 AM     

Oooooo... purdy. Now that's a shaweet car.

-Ben

uglystick
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   11:30 AM     

well as my former russian national bimmer friend andrey would say, "Mer-sed-sss are shite."

now THIS is a CAR:

hartge 5.0 M Coupe:

[External Image Removed]

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
BlownGTP

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   12:39 PM     

the bmw is nice but ive ridden in many bmw's and many mercedes. mercedes takes the cake hands down. im not saying bmw's are bad cars but the mercedes is better. if you take a ride in a bmw than take a ride in a comparable mercedes, you would notice the difference between the two. it just feels like its a more solid car.

hooyeah
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   1:23 PM     

i always have hated the looks of those little m coupes looks liek a civic hatch on steroids bah to smalll for my taste gimme a 740 or an cl600

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   1:51 PM     

y'all are both full of it.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
BlownGTP

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   2:57 PM     

uh oh, we dont like the BMW better so we ar full of it! hmmm, i just dont understand! anyways, MERCEDES IS BETTER!

LS4_454
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   8:57 PM     

If you like seats as soft as a marshmellow, the stopping distance of a dump truck, suspension like a Lincoln, the steering of a limo, the body roll of the Titanic, the stopping power of a HumVee, acceleration of a school bus then I guess you could say a Mercedes is nice. Not sure what you have driven BMW wise lately, but a Mercedes is for a whole different class of people and they definitly aren't driving enthusiasts. BMW's kick ass on a Mercedes for handling and performance. Just take that Mercedes HARD into a corner and hang on, you may make it out without the rear being in front of you.
The M coupes may be ugly, bu they are faster than their roadster counterparts and are much more practical/useful.

Bombadier

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   9:42 PM     

I'd rather have the BMW, although that Merc is nice. But keep in mind that it needs that turbocharger to get up above 140-50. Take off the limiter and then, yeah, i maybe could see 170+.
IMHO, i'd rather have a sport coupe than a sport sedan at high speeds, in the interest of self-preservation........

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
BlownGTP

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   9:59 PM     

well, i have driven a mercedes S500 and a E420 and i think the cars handle pretty damn good and are definatly not slow by any means. and, have you ever seen the size of the brakes that they put on a mercedes? well they stop on a dime. have you ever driven a benz? it seems like you havnt to me.

on the other hand, i have driven 525i and 328i and they were both under powered pieces of shit in my eye. actually, i shouldnt say that. i think bmw builds a nice car but is not even near the same class as a mercedes. but yea, i do feel the bmw is under powered. the cars might handle nice but thats all they have on a mercedes in my eyes.

LS4_454
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Sat Dec 7, 02   9:03 AM     

Turbo? Nethier has a turbo. Most of the higher performance BMW's are speed limited to 155 and the newer ones are down to 135. The original V12 in the 89 750 were regulated and supposedly they would reach 200. Most of the limiters are put in place because of tire issues, even though they are speed rated for higher there is too much liability if something goes wrong when these cars are turned loose. Most all of the newer BMW's will hit the 135 limter, but some take longer to get there when they have less power. I think the lowest HP they have in the line up is 186 coming from a 2.3 6 cylinder, not too shabby considering other manufactures out there with the same displacement.

LS4_454
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Sat Dec 7, 02   9:15 AM     

Yes Ive driven the Mercedes, lately the SLK 320 against a Z4. The Mercedes is "comfortable" with "nice" acceleration, but was very difficult to get it to handle and stop like the Z4. Ever notice that great nose dive feature in the Mercedes when braking HARD? Almost looks like it is going to dig a hole in the pavement, BMW brakes pull the whole car down with hardly any nose dive, looks like it is being sucked down to the ground.
The 525 is just a 5 with the 3 series engine, made for those that dont want to step up to a 540 or just dont want the power of the V8 540. The 328 is a nice car, the engine puts out around 194 HP and broad torque band for a good seat of the pants feel. The new 3.0 is 225 HP, not enormous amount of power but much better compared to other makes with the same displacement and naturally aspirated (no turbos).
The Mercedes is definitly more luxury than sports car, nice also, but I'll leave them for the grandparents to drive to Rite-Aid.

BlownGTP

Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Sat Dec 7, 02   11:46 AM     

gimme a benz anyday

hooyeah
Re: mercedes lovers look here!   Posted Sat Dec 7, 02   12:15 PM     

they're both nice but i have to agree the bmws are more tuned towards sports driving from the factory but when you look at the renntech cars and whatnot benz's can be fast and handle good to.

i'd gladly take either but for the money i'd rather get a sports car

VROOMMMM!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3