This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7855

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
tunermonkey
New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   4:46 PM     

Hey, My fiance and I, who both race, just recently moved to the Palm Springs area and happened to run across this site. Just thought I'd stop in and check things out.

MrPeabody

Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   5:24 PM     

Hey. I'm not from the desert, ( live near Fresno), but hello anyways, welcome aboard Waddia drive?

-Ben

Metal396
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   5:27 PM     

AAAAAAAAAH!! THE EVIL MONKEY IN THE CLOSSET!!!!!

ahhaha welcome to the board........ yes i am a FAMILY GUY fan, greatest show ever.... hahaha i love that picture lol.... where ya from? what do ur cars run?

cya

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
1969Stang
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   7:29 PM     

i miss family guy...i think neon is going to have somemore friends...love those neons...lol...actually I saw a REAL nice one today...very clean...sounded very nice...and it was kinda fast...gave the grand prix a run for its money...oh yeah....welcome

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   8:25 PM     

ya know if you didn't spank your monkey os much he would'nt be that mean

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
Metal396
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   8:27 PM     

sorry, i will try to remember that from now on

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
tunermonkey
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   10:53 PM     

Yeah, we're a bit of Neon-geeks ourselves. The house we're staying in temporarily now has 4 of them in the driveway

What color was it? Where at? My fiance ran someone today... but she doesn't remember what kinda car... women... go figure

Edited by tunermonkey (Fri Nov 29, 02   11:04 PM)

tunermonkey
Re: New to the area   Posted Fri Nov 29, 02   11:01 PM     

I LOVE that show, can't wait for the DVD to come out this Xmas. (Not that I don't have like 10 episodes on the pc.)

As for the cars, the 98 Neon last ran 15.61@88, 90* @ 99% humidity. Barely modded... for now.

The 96 is the project car now. Only time I ran it at the track it pulled a best of 16.9@83. Hopefully, once it's done it'll run 2/3's that time.

We moved here from Johnstown, PA.... but I'm originally from Chicago.

Thanks for making us feel welcome.

Metal396
Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   1:35 AM     

haha if your a family guy fan you deserve the welcome!!!

haha my friend and i burned 8 cds, every family guy episode able to download.... so far ive seen every episode ive heard of... its remeembering them thats hard to do... gotta watch some more.. lol

hey ill race ur 96 car! ahha i think my mustang runs about 17 flat... thats an estimation... lol

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
tunermonkey
Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   11:04 AM     

LOL - i need to get plates for it first.. old tags are expired, so it's a drivway car for the time being

I'll run you in the 98 - to be nice, I'll launch her in 2nd

MrPeabody

Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   2:59 PM     

LOL!

-Ben

Metal396
Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   3:06 PM     

haha, no need to launch in second once i have my new carb and intake. .... assuming my car's performance will improve how much im thinking it will lol...

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   5:21 PM     

So, I take it you decided to keep the stang? I think a while back you were going to sell it and shoot for a chevelle... either way, i'm glad you kept it, it's sweet

-Ben

Metal396
Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   6:09 PM     

haha yeah im keepin it and workin on it. Next thing i gotta see about doing after motor is losing some weight...... fiberglass peices are expensive as hell and hard to find for 71-73 stang bodies. i found the hoods, but thats like 550 bucks right there....

and no im not gunna be taking out my seats when i run at the track lol. i gotta take a bunch of stuff outa my trunk though.

i seriously can never make up my mind what car i woud choose to buy. at that time i wanted a chevelle... right now id buy a falcon lol.

Im gunna take some of the chrome trimming off my car, theres just way too much. it just doesnt look right with all of it on.

really wish i didnt have vynle roof, but the reason why ford put it on was imperfections in the roof. if u look closely u can see a bunch of dents, and if that was just plain paint, it would show up alot more than it does now.

Oh and what style wheels u guys think would go well on it? Im most likely gunna buy Cragar road stars, 15x8 out back and 15x7 up front. P275/60R-15 bf goodrich radial t/a's in the back and like P225/60R's up front.

Id like to know more style wheels to look up, theres alot out there. i have 14x6 inch slotted mags right now.. nice but just too small...

Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: New to the area   Posted Sat Nov 30, 02   8:30 PM     

I like those torque thrusts, kinda that grey foreground and the crome backing, those are some sweet mags

-Ben

Pages in this thread: (1) 2