This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2230

MrPeabody

Huge ass race last night.   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   8:21 PM     

Shweeew.
Last night was awesome, me and my bud drove up to this one spot in Fresno expecting to see like maybe 10 cars max, instead there were like 100+ at least. Shit load of people and some fuckin fast cars. In fact, a whole group of people came down from Sacramento with some extreamly fast cars. We're talking about bets flying around in excess of 2500. There was a 1st gen Camaro running 8's, (yes they brought their cars on trailers , and at least 5 more muscles in the 10's. It was f'in bad! Well, the po po cruised in so everyone just hung out, the only thing is one guy in a stock mustang got a ticket for revving... cops make no sense, anywho, then this supra did a mad burnout through 3rd sliding the rear end all around in front of the cops, so like 5 minitues later they took of after him... ehem, I don't get it. Anywho, it was badass, we got there at 11:00 and left at almost 4:00

-Ben

Metal396
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   9:36 PM     

i wish there was stuff like that around here...... how long would it take for me to get up there? lol i wanna see some cool stuff like that sometime. Oh and whos car did u take there? did ya race?

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   10:13 PM     

Heh, I didn't even expect it either, like I said I was looking forward to like 10 cars, it was sweet. Me and my bud drove our cars, him in his 89 CRX and me in my 90 Civic, we didn't race, it kind of seemed pointless considering the caliber of cars there. The only import that actualy tried was a Civic Hatch with a turbo and juice, but even he couldn't get close Where do you live? Coachella? It happened in Fresno.

-Ben

Metal396
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   10:23 PM     

im in san bernardino county... kinda by big bear , if ya know where that is lol.... if theres more races in coachella im gunna head on down and take a look hehe

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   11:29 PM     

That's not too far of, I think I know were big bear is...

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   1:35 PM     

I headed out to the drags last night here. I ran 4 times. Won two lost two. Lost to a Supra and a RX7 13B. My Camera had run out of battery ....my gf left the power on and when we arrived out there I had no power.

I will get some next time

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
hooyeah
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   1:47 PM     

at a real drag strip what were your times?

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
JcAus
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   1:51 PM     

Nah not at a strip....we dont have a drag strip here, the government shut it down and wont give us another one. We went out to one of the high ways out here and did it.

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
MrPeabody

Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   1:58 AM     

Hey all,

Well, last weekend didn't dissapoint either, though there weren't as much cars, it was still pretty sweet. Me and my bud got there at like 11:00 when ppl started to roll in. We went to the first spot to whach some pretty good racing, A ford SVT Lighning was tearing it up and handing ass left and right, supercharger sounded real nice There was this guy in a mach 1 poser car that was driving like a little bitch, (going the wrong way and almost hitting people, his belts were so loose, I thought that thing was gonna bust right there;) Well, the cops rolled in and everyone jammed, talk about a comotion, suprised no one got hit. We met back at the hangout and a few hours later some of the faster cars took of to a spot way out in the boonies, no cops Man, talk about some sweet cars. First the Supra, which is running 11's I believe, raced this 1st gen Camaro that was just flat out tricked, shoulda seen the slicks on that beast, after a few burnouts in some bleach they brought he and the Supra ran, Oh man, it was sweet. He spanked the Supra of the line and gave him a run the whole way, it was close, but the mary won in the end, (which is ok, eb\ven though I like Supras, they guy who drives it is an ass. Anywho, the next race was the mary against an exreamly fast camino runnin on 110. Man, some of the biggest burnouts i've ever seen Well, neadless to say, the mary spanked em. The guy in the camino got pissed and almost took of to get his 10 sec falt mid 60's I believe duster... Which it is But the dude in the camaro came down from sacramento and wanted to get going, plus it was 3:30 Sorry to bore you, just had to tell ya guys about it

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   2:33 PM     

just try not to inhale those fumes burnouts in bleach will totally decimate your lungs

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
VROOMMMM!
uglystick
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   2:39 PM     

not to mention, a 200 degree chunk of flying rubber doesn't feel good when it hits your face at 100mph.

ask me how, i saw it happen to a good friend...he didn't even flinch. fuckin marines...

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   2:42 PM     

i got hit in the face with a chunk of 20 degree mud at a demo derby didn't even flinch;)

VROOMMMM!
MrPeabody

Re: Huge ass race last night.   Posted Wed Dec 4, 02   7:01 PM     

LOL!

Yeah, we we're safely back...

-Ben