This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 906

Gorgoth3k1

GM FWD Tranny   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   10:37 PM     

ok... as y'all very well may know, the fiero uses a FWD tranny b/c of its mid-engine and RWD... as so, I was wondering if there are any cars I can pull the tranny from that is FWD and will bolt up with a 350 SBC.... I know the Cadillac Auto tranny's will bolt up, for I have one of those waiting to be stuck in, but I want to put either a 5 or 6 speed tranny in my fiero... do you think the cavalier tranny will bolt up to the SBC, or will like a Grand Prix tranny work? I really want a 6-speed, but the only 6-speeds I know of that'll bolt up to the SBC are the ones out of T/A's, and those are RWD and Read Differential tranny's which won't work in this car...

thx for any help...

-Gor

hooyeah
Re: GM FWD Tranny   Posted Sat Nov 23, 02   11:38 PM     

good luck

8 valve OHC 4 cyl 95 cubic inches of pissed off pontiac power 65 HP 80 ft-lbs w/Borg-Warner T5 2300lbs
[External Image Removed]
VROOMMMM!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: GM FWD Tranny   Posted Sun Nov 24, 02   1:08 AM     

thx... i have the feeling i'll need it... lol..

-Gor

BlownGTP

Re: GM FWD Tranny   Posted Mon Nov 25, 02   7:30 AM     

the grand prix trannys are all 4 speed automatics. no manuals available.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: GM FWD Tranny   Posted Tue Nov 26, 02   5:32 PM     

there aren't any stick grand prixs??

that sux...

well would grand Am tranny's work? I know there are standards in them... mine's a 5-speed...

-Gor