This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4171

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
JcAus
Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   2:54 PM     

I had entered my car on the past weekend with my club in the Auto Salon Final Battle. This show is a colmination of all the Auto Salons from around Australia. This show had the best of the best. A couple of the people in my club were able to score big on the Dyno shoot out with the highest coming from Dean (Nissan GTi-R) with 176Kw at all 4 wheels this was only 11 kw shy of the highest power output for the whole day.

The show had featured some really nice examples of cars. There was everything from old school to new school. There was a Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrarri 355, and a C5 Corvette. I have pictures of all of these cars and I will post them some where on the net and post a link for you guys to see.

I am not sure if any one would be interested but I thought that I would post any ways.

The next big show will be the SUmmernats. I will deffinately keep you guys up to date each day of the even.

For those that dont know the Summernats it is the biggest event that all the "Revheads" go to. You see some of the toughest street machines around. 1200 hp twin turbo V8s running on Pump gas and no nitrous.

check out Http://www.summernats.com.au

Jc

Stryker
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   3:21 PM     

Sounds cool. Ehhh, question...What's kw???

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   3:31 PM     

KW is Kilo Watts it is roughly 1.3 hp to 1 kw

hooyeah
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   4:15 PM     

228 hp was the highest dyno run of the day? jeez that ain't much

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
VROOMMMM!
JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   4:22 PM     

I know, it seems as though that was low as 187 kw = 250.6hp... it was weird we didnt get any of the big guns power figures as they were part of the invitational.

but oh Jason when you read this I forgot to tell you...there was a Lexus V8 powered BMW 3 series with 75 shot Nitrous kit and monster blower out the top, I think that I have some photos of it.

uglystick
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   5:00 PM     

cool. hey e-mail me at the address below regarding that haltech kit for my dad's saab. we're gonna be in full swing soon and need to get that unit shipped soon to avoid the big shipping from .au delay.

jason@orionoutdoor.com

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Nov 17, 02   6:45 PM     

In the next couple of days I will go out to my engineer and get the final price of the parts you want.

What accessories do you want?

uglystick
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Mon Nov 18, 02   1:27 PM     

ok. we want an e6k with the flying lead harness and all the sensors (o2, knock sensor, tps, map, etc)

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Mon Nov 18, 02   1:42 PM     

I will get the final price in the next couple of days

JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Mon Nov 18, 02   2:13 PM     

Jason,
after carefully looking at the pics of that Bimmer, I cant seem to see the Supercharger I must be blind, but they did say they had it any ways here is the pics...
[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

And have a look at some of the other photos 11 pages in total. I didnt take these but I found em on the net.

http://autosalon.ipaska.net

JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Tue Nov 19, 02   3:02 PM     

Jason,
I have sent through an estimated cost for the E6K for you, its all minus shipping

JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Tue Nov 19, 02   3:02 PM     

Opps came through twice

Sorry

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   8:06 PM     

more accurately its 764 Watts to 1 HP.... but hey... it doesn't really matter... i think it ends up being like a 2 HP difference once you multiply it all out and such...

-Gor

JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Wed Nov 20, 02   8:26 PM     

Yeah something like that, I was just running the number off my head...some one told me once the exact figure but beats me as to what it was exactly

Jc

JcAus
Re: Auto Salon Final Battle   Posted Sun Dec 1, 02   7:58 PM     

Here are the pics of the C5 Corvette at was at the show
[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]

jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2