This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 762

storm

has anyone ever tryed.....   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   11:15 PM     

Flashlube?, it's made in australia but exports to the world so my guess is u's may have heard of it, it's some sort of fluid in there that is ment to increase fuel economy, increase power, replace lead with a lead free substitute, protect valves and valve seats, increase engine life, provide engine wear protection, reduces operating temp, keep engine cleaner, extend oil life, reduce costly engine repairs, cleans injector systems, carburettors and fuel system if administered in the fuel tank, essential for leaded cars that now want to run on unleaded fuel, essential for LPG and CNG vehicles, recommended for unleaded fuelled vehicles(and leaded), helps eliminate hard starting problems and pre-ignition, reduces harmful emissions, economical - 1 litre treats 1000 litres of fuel, easy to fit (10-15 mins), over 120,000kits in service in australia and overseas, australian science award winner, i just typed that from the info they gave me
oh i'll just read something else
flashlube can be poured into the petrol tank or automatically injected via the flashlube lubricator. the patented flashlube lubricator automatically injects flashlube valve-saver into the inlet manifold.nocutting of fuel lines is req

i want to try it on my ET turbo, but before i get it fitted on thursday i want to c if any of u guys heard and have it in your car/s?

hooyeah
Re: has anyone ever tryed.....   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   11:39 PM     

never heard of that but i'm pretty sure we have many things liek it motor up zmax ect.. i'm not sure how good they work i suppose it's possible but some of these things claim to be able to run without oil completely and so on i'm not sure how good they actually work but most of em have a money back guarentee if it isn't to expensive you could try it and see i don't think we get that particular item in NA

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Bombadier

Re: has anyone ever tryed.....   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   7:08 AM     

STAY AWAY FROM ZMAX!
There's been tons of complaints and even a few lawsuits against Zmax for destroying engines......
The fuel-additive alone is just mineral spirits. I don't even want to know what's in the transmission and oil additive.
Generally most high-milage liquid-engine-fix products are just snake oil. Motor honey, smoke-stopper, Tranny honey and the like may stop leaks and smoking, but only temporarily as these cause the rings and seals to swell and break down even faster.
The only two products i suggest using in a high-mileage or worn engine are MarvelMysteryOil and Lucas Oil Additive. Lucas simply increases oil viscosity and has some things in it that prevent oil from breaking down. I use it in my engines and haven't seen any ring or gasket breakdowns. MMO is a big ? for me, but i know a LOT of professional and experienced mechanics that SWEAR by it.

One thing i suggest doing in a high miles or old engines is running some automatic transmission fluid, about a quart, in your oil for about half a sixpack. Drain, add more oil and ATF, drink rest of sixpack. Drain again and drop your oil pan and you'd be surprised at how much crap and scum will have collected in there. Scoop it all out.

But after that, make sure you replace as many gaskets and seals as possible, as the ATF may have cleaned off crud that could have kept worn or broken gaskets from leaking.
Just do NOT drive anywhere with ATF in your oil, only run the engine for about five minutes.

For the top-end, carbeurated engines only that i know of, you can use ATF or even water down the carb to clean out the top end. Just do it at night because you'll make a LOT of smoke that the neighbors won't appreciate.
Bring the engine up to 3000 rpm and start pouring in the ATF or water at a constant rate, and then give it as MUCH throttle as you can to keep the engine from stalling. DO NOT LET THE ENGINE STALL IF USING WATER.
It's scary as hell the first time you do it, but this will knock loose and clean the carbon and deposits off of your pistons, valves, cylinders and valve seats..... However, i suggest only doing this if you are intending on pulling the heads and cleaning/rebuilding/servicing the top end, as the crud that is knocked loose may be to large to be expelled through the exhaust valves.
Running ATF through the carb is only a sort of pre-cleaning routine so you don't have to scrub and scrape so hard once everything is pulled apart. But I don't know about that method on EFI engines, never seen it done.
Hope i've provided some usefull info

If it ain't broke, upgrade!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"

Edited by Bombadier (Tue Nov 12, 02   7:19 AM)