This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 3756

storm

well i had a big think   Posted Mon Nov 11, 02   10:47 PM     

after a while of looking i got a car after looking for a while, not fastest but it's goos in my eye's anyway.
Toyota Soaror 2.5 twin turbo for about 8,500 USD, Dark Green, all stock at moment i want to try put some 19inch rims under it, i know that these cars r not very good for racing ( so i've heard ) but im going to try get it to run as fast as possible, i might replace the stock turbo's with new ball bearing ones, or keep as is for now and i also want to change the engine mounts over with some new ones coz they r a problems with alot of the soaror's,after they get about 10 years old but i've been talking with some people that have had soaror's and reading up on them and they say there is never much to fix on them(on the 2.5 twin turbo model) it is very rare to find problems with them, so im just going off other people
and while im doing stuff to it i'll still drive round in my ET Pulsar Turbo, and even tho i have the soaror as i've done with my other 1000 cars, im going to keep the pulsar and try to find more things to put on it and do it up to go faster i don't know how fast it goes at the moment but i don't think i'll have the monoy to find out now that i've got the soaror im going to be spending big bucks on it

MrPeabody

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   1:01 PM     

Shaweet car,
It's basically a heavier Supra In the US it goes as a Lexas SC 300 or somethin like that. It's pretty popular in Japan, but like I said, the heaviness thwarts would be moders. Good luck though, and show us some picks

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   4:09 PM     

LEXUS, had to say somthing

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Tue Nov 12, 02   11:59 PM     

Bah,
it's a Toyota, leave it at that :P

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   5:30 PM     

yup, and thats it!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
storm

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   9:59 PM     

yeah we got the lexus's in australia too, just where i got it from they only had 4.0 V8's in stock at the moment so i got the soaror, but if they had a lexus SC300 in stock i would have got that if it was Dark Green.
i might change some of the panels round with lighter ones

Dizzy
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   5:16 AM     

i thats nice... the car i gots is a 97 toyota supra... with twin turbo engine and the whole nine......better and faster

DUM SPIRO, SPERO.
uglystick
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   7:54 AM     

sure it is, you lying sack of shit. the car you gots is probably really a toyota tercel.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
MrPeabody

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   8:45 AM     

LOL, these punks need to work on their shpeel.

-Ben

sweetdevil
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   11:40 AM     

them bitches too... it's a chick...

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Stryker
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   12:56 PM     

LOL. Gee, that's a nice way to put it sweetdevil...
Get this, she PM'ed me and said
'ok i havent been on for awhile and wondering if i missed ne thing?'
LOL. I was like, 'ummmm, yeah. who the fuck are you again?' haha.

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
MrPeabody

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   1:19 PM     

Heh, the Soarer would probobly woop on the USDM Supra too
Plus even if she "gots" one, it's probobly a slushbox :P

-Ben

JcAus
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   1:34 PM     

Ahahahahaha yeah.....at 17 I doubt that she would have one but never mind....Everyone says it I am sorry for repeating.

Actually I would like to say that apparently that USDM RZ supras go harder than the ones that we have out here......I am talking about stock out of the show room. This is due largely to the fact that the JDM engines and ancilleries are governed to 206Kw where as the USDM ones are open...I believe....Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jc

MrPeabody

Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   1:39 PM     

Actually your right. The USDM Supra TT's, (not called RZ's here), do have more beans. Little over 300HP 300 Tourqe. I think the RZ's are a little under 300, like 280???

-Ben

JcAus
Re: well i had a big think   Posted Thu Nov 21, 02   1:53 PM     

Thats right. Here are the JDM specs....I cant find this other site that I used for research I must have it at home some where.
Engine »
Model RZ / GZ (Twin Turbo)
Max Power (kw) 209 @ 5600 (280 hp)
Max Torque (nm) 440 @ 3600 (318 ft/lb)
Compression ratio 8.5:1
Induction twin turbo
Transmission 6 spd man/4 spd auto
Bore * Stroke(mm) 86.0 * 86.0
Capacity (cc) 2997
Valves efi/twin cam/24v