This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7930

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
quik67firebird
I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   8:15 AM     

I joined this site a little while ago and have been observing the site and subsequent posts in the Forums. This just seems to be a petty BS site about nothing. Why do you call this site Coachella Valley Street Racing when all you do is BS about trivia? I have yet to see any posts about street racing, car mods, or anything related to the Coachella valley and racing at all on this site. I'm not trying to slam this site, but it has fallen far short of my expectations for a street racing site to say the least. ......and yes I expect to get flamed for saying what I'm sure many other people are thinking.

sweetdevil
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   9:27 AM     

Think this fits here hooyeah:
[External Image Removed]
Well, street racing in CV has gone to shit... We got a street racing task force, and all the people who started it, grew up.
So find a petty board from wherever it is you're from, and go fill it up with info and locations on where your races take place, and then tell the cops about your street racing site... ok? buh bye

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   10:52 AM     

this site is great normally, i think most of us are in money saving mode right now. i just blew the pump out of a 12 flat el camino's th350, i'm in the midst of building a 327 for a jaguar and restoring the suspension in a mid 70's bmw gt group 1 car. 'nuff said.

when the engine parts arrive, if you want a how to on how to build an engine to propel a 3600lb car into the 10's, hit us back and you'll hear plenty.

not only that, but this site has a pretty good core group of folks who post. so in these times where we're all just sitting at work raking in the dough so we can do something else to our cars, yeah we bs a bunch on this board.

wade through it, you'll learn something.

jason
'64 el camino w/ 383 stroker soon to be equipped with monster port dart iron eagle heads, dart intake, .600 lift cam, jesel belt drive, front mount distributor, 1 7/8 primary headers, full mandrel bent flowmaster exhaust, th350 w/th400 sprague & custom races, freewheeling first manual valvebody, 12 bolt on edelbrock performer ias shocks w/ strange forged 1 piece axle shafts, eaton posi, t/a aluminum cover w/ main cap preload bolts, moroso u-joint girdles, 6" dia 1/8" wall driveshaft, 3.73:1 strange us gears. i'm faster than you.

'75 BMW 3.0 cs 3.0l eurospec 10:1 compression, 5 speed overdrive manual, 3.64:1 quaife limited slip, headers, hydraulic brake conversion, msd, ferrari ate front and rear calipers (well, they're bmw calipers too, ferrari used em though!) ireland engineering stage 2 race suspension.

'78 IH Scout II w/ 345 BB equipped with 670cfm TB EFI & Offroad MSD, Holley Closed Loop Kit w/ 33x10.50 MT Baja Claws, Dana 44's, about to install an ox locker in the rear

'85 Jaguar XJS w/ '66 Corvette 327 w/ Holley Commander 950 TBI, Edelbrock performer rpm heads, Edelbrock Air gap intake, .49x lift cam, proform alu. roller rockers, th350; powrlok'd independent dana 44 with inboard discs

'96 dodge ram on 20's w/ 4" beltech drop, tonneau cover, 700 watt system w/ twin jl audio 12's.

'91 Geo Prizm w/ 1.6l sohc & 3 speed auto with lockup. daily driver.

and you think i have time to explain what i'm doing so you can learn EVERY day? nah...not at all my friend.

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
quik67firebird
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   11:43 AM     

Well thanks for the comments Uglystick, Like I mentioned in my post, I've been viewing the site for a while now and I have noticed that there are some people that have some positive things to say. But the mindless / childish banter from people like sweetdevil make this site less then appealing.

.... and by the way, I actually live in the valley, so that's why I originally came to this site, but thanks for the insult anyhow sweetdevil. Have a nice day.

uglystick
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   12:00 PM     

well, i think this site promotes the most responsible method of street racing, as it builds a little community of folks that can go race when they want to. it certainly doesn't promote the congregation of 1000 kids while two other totally unskilled kids drive right down a hallway of kids.

so tell us about your firechicken. what have you done to it? i'm sure if you're just lookin for a race you can find one here...that sure is a sweet ride. i love 'em.

jason

MrPeabody

Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   12:12 PM     

Personally, I don't agree with the comment on people not talking about mods and their car's. I have had numorous conversations about cars being hopped up, such as jason's BMW and chad's Neon. No, we haven't been talking about actually street racing, and I think ugly explained the reason pretty well. And actually, not everybody on this board has a tricked out car, most the people have plans to make their cars' fast but come to this board to ask the opionions of people who are skilled in go fast mods. I guess i'm just saying that this is what the board is, and if you don't like it, don't complain, because you're not going to change people's interests, just go find a board that suits your needs best

-Ben

quik67firebird
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   1:38 PM     

Well I guess I should modify my statement by saying most of the posts I've seen haven't been about vehicles in general. I'm not trying to blast the site or anything like that, I was just dismayed by the number of non-vehicle related posts on a supposed car site. I just wanted to plant a seed that might spur some interest in cars for the readers of this board.

I know I can run off to another forum that has auto related conversations and as a fact I am a member of several, but since I live here in the valley I thought I'd speak with my neighbors and see what was up.

I do admit that I have kept most of my viewing to the general and domestic forums because that's what I drive. Maybe I should venture into the import section and take a look.

Like I said, I'm not trying to insult anybody. (period) But I do like to participate in forums that pertain to making a car perform better.

As for my ride, it's a 67 Firebird with a corporate 350 installed. (read small block Chevy) I pulled out the Pontiac 350 with the bent rods and since I had the Chevy with some performance parts for it I did the swap. I found a set of vortec heads and did some mild port work on them. I replaced the cast pistons with hypereutectic and installed a mild cam. Topped it off with a Performer RPM and a Holley and that's where it's at today. It pulls real strong from 2 to 6 but the engine makes some noises that bother me. The tranny's a turbo 350 with a B&M shift kit and the rear is a 10-bolt with 3.73 gears. It's a fun daily driver. It has good street manners, but can hold it's own.

...James

hooyeah
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   2:24 PM     

you don't live upto my expectations either you insignificant shallowminded disgrace to the primates of the world that have to suffer with the thought of a person such as yourself evolving form such special monkeys

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   2:25 PM     

sounds like you'd be a great asset to this forum! stick around, will ya? i'll talk shop if you do!

so the B&M shift kit hasn't broken anything yet huh? the setup on them allows for 1st gear to engage at any rpm. dangerous. i know a guy up here who does custom valve bodies if you're interested. manual valvebody with freewheeling 1st gear is sweeeet!

what kind of cam are you running?

jason

sweetdevil
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   2:43 PM     

didn't mean to piss you off that bad firebird... just figured you're another 14 y/o from new york who likes honda's and found the site through create-a-ride... (leaving off any info on your profile that disputes that makes us all come to that generalization) Where in CV do you live? how old are you? how did you find the site?
I think there is quite a bit of talk about mods and mechanics, not a lot of street racing talk goes on here, like I said above, they really cracked down on it, and a lot of the original street racers kinda grew up and are currently working on thier cars.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
hooyeah
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   2:46 PM     

i jsut found out today theres actually a track open to the public around me i knew it was there they have ihra events but never thought it was open to the public

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   4:01 PM     

Well, get your ass down there and run Take advantage of that, I don't have a track by me
(Lucky shmuck)
-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   4:05 PM     

Sweet ride dude, I love the 1st gen F-Bodies, (just a little jelious)
Can't really give you much advise on those damn pushrod pieces of crap :P j/k My knowledge is more fixed on newer generation engines, FI, OHC... ect ect. But there's allot of guys on here that know their stuff as far as V8's go

-Ben

quik67firebird
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   4:34 PM     

Thanks for the invite, I'll stick around. I haven't blown anything on the turbo 350 up yet, but I don't think it would stay together if I went with a manual valve body. I would play around with it too much.

The cam's a summit grind 224/234 duration @50 with 465/488 I/E lift. I am planning on going a little bigger on the lift, but if I do I'll have to change out the valve springs. So I'll wait for now.

Yeah Sweetdevil I did leave my profile kinda generic didn't I? Guess I should update it a bit. I live in Cathedral city. ....and I'm too old to drive like I do. 30+ (read old man)

Well MrPeabody to each his/her own.... I like the old school muscle cars, but the new gen OHV, FI, Turbo, etc... can defiantly create power when put together right. (....and come apart easily when put together wrong....)

Metal396
Re: I Thought this was a street racing site ?   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   5:39 PM     

hey there. your firebird sounds badass, my friend has a 69 but some stupid ricer nailed it and put it outa commission for now. Get pics of yours! haha , im sure we'd all like to see it. or at least me.

And sweetdevil is a veteran here.. Without her these forums would have nobody but 14 year olds with their parents hondas..... lol

Ive been here since last december... does that make me a veteran even though im 16 and finally got the money for my new intake and 4 barrel??? LOL j/k

Cya

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2