This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 26155

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
hooyeah
exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   1:09 PM     

my brother just got i tihnk it's magnaflow exhaust system on his chevette hehe has anyone heard of it before supposedly 5-10 horsepower and he can spin off of take off now so it's working and it doesn't sound like a civic anyone heard anytihng about this name brand before

CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   5:33 PM     

yea magna flow is pretty good. not as good as a flow...but good for a chevette...i would put one on the nove with the six in it but would rather have a flow for the 8

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   5:40 PM     

well it was cheaper and still good(the guy said) thanks i told him he should have got flowmaster but $$$

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   5:42 PM     

no its a great muffler for the price!!! especially for a smaller car.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   5:45 PM     

like i said he spins on take off now in a chevette 4 door it's pretty funny

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   6:20 PM     

the magna flow is a good exhaust but i agree with Nova that there is nothing really outhere that can beat the performance and sound of Flowmaster

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   6:27 PM     

well it sounds like a chevette still just a bit deeper more of a rumble but i'm just glad it doesn't sound like a suped up civic

j0k3r

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   7:07 PM     

I am going to have to disagree. For the price, magnaflow is the way to go, but Flows suck. With my exhaust, (Spintech and Dr.Gas) I have already converted 3 former Flowmaster owners and 1 Borla owner.

---------- j0k3r 1999 Mustang GT http://www.1999gt.com
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   7:09 PM     

It all depends on the mods the vehicle has. Some exhaust works better than others but I have seen that for most vehicles with the "normal" mods, I have seen few exhaust systems that could bring the same hp gains.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   10:50 PM     

seeing as how all the pro streeters i know use flows and how theve been in the game the longest im gonna go with them.
could it be that your exhaust is so nice cus of the x pipe? those things help out a lot.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   10:54 PM     

they are supposedly the shiznit. Still fairly new though. Iam going to wait till more people run them to get a fair comparison.

novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:08 PM     

they are for sure...car craft runs one on there mustang and it has 2 mor hp and 2 less tq than open headers...and that is including the mufflers... i forget what kind they were. they wernt flows spins or magnas...but i think the brand began with an s. the whole thing was mandrel bent stainless. it was 21/2 into the x and 3 comming out of it into 31/2 mufflers with 4 inch turndowns.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:10 PM     

sounds bad ass. All my exhaust systems are mandrel bent. There are some gains, minimal, but to the positve.

hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:24 PM     

well i mean it's a chevette no mods 1.8 the old exhaust had a hole so he was like umm sure y not for an extra like 50 the guy tried to rip him off started at 250 got down to 200 then 160 i drove it (legally ofcourse) u can feel the difference and with the more miles the better the sound gets

hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Tue Apr 16, 02   11:57 PM     

it doesn't exactly have the rumble but it is a nice sound deep on acceleration so far it seems good all he got was the muffler the cat will be next ( i think he is actually taking this chevette which started as a winterbeater he may be replacing his winterbeater in the winter with another winterbeater hehe) it has a nice sound it reallly smoothed it out alot too i am really surprised with the difference after 8 hours ont he car.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3