This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 26155

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
rotaryracer

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   1:02 AM     

hey nova what kind of exaust system is your buddy running on his 91 FC, or do u have any suggestion of one to buy. i have an apexi N1 and i really don't like the tone of it, too ricey. ( ya i know rotaries, sound ricey anyway) i'm looking for a deeper tone. do u know how flows would sound?

hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   1:12 AM     

thats the one thing i love about this muffler it doesn't sound ricey at all it just deepens it and gives it a bit more of a rumble next upgrade will probably be the cat a few more hp and will the cat improve the sound at all?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   1:38 AM     

hes running a racing beat downpipe with presilencer and racing beat mufflers. to be honest there is really no good sounding rotary exhaust...they all sound the same. but of them all i like the greddy sp the best. i rould REALLY recomend the RB downpipe...it makes a huge difference. about the flows...ive never heared them and i dont know how they would work with a turbo. maybe if you got them in a big diamiter then you would have enough flow.

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:31 AM     

The chevette has a cat? That was the 1st thing i cut out of my exhaust systems. No air care up here. Still with no cat I get a clean reading when i go through Vancouver and get pulled over. Just have to be sure to reprogram so you don't run rich or too lean.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:36 AM     

I believe the only way too get a deeper tone from a rotary is to increase your air in. Try a ram air kit or fab one yourself. My brother-in-law had a greddy exhaust and it sounded a little to high pitched with alot of "burp". He added the ram air valance/bumper kit and it has a nice deep mellow tone now. Added bonus is a few more hp and better throttle response.

----------------------------------------------------------- 1993/84 Toyota 4x4's, '97 T/A 190+mph, 11 sec. Malibu 1/4 mile car
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   9:53 AM     

how do you increace your air in....its a turbo! lol!

novaboy
LethalToy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:13 AM     

Doh ! Sorry, missed that.

hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   1:05 PM     

yah the chevette has a cat needs it and for the standard emissions tests now until it's 20 years old it needs the cat still and all standard emissions crap, in our buick wagion we had(boat) after it passed we pulled off the cat revved it up ended up leaving a black stain on the ground haha clean runner

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   7:52 PM     

that damn exhaust sounds better with every mile the car goes damn i'm jealous of a chevette wuts wrong with me

Fat_Tony

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   10:46 PM     

how but thrush- turbo mufflers if i spelled that right my dad has one on his camaro and it sounds bad ass anyone ever heard of this kind of muffler its old school but its the kind of hi po mufflers they used to sell in the 70's

lol my car squeaks and squeals
novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   11:10 PM     

i know they make glass packs...thrush is the one with the woody wood pecker lookin guy! lol!

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   12:43 PM     

i'm thinking of getting some dual glasspack exhaust tips theya re around 39.99 canadian would anyone here recomend this it is for my brothers chevette to go with the magnaflow muffler. wut are the benifits of this would u recomend it and what cound of sound would it give?

novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   2:06 PM     

dont put them on....there a muffler in them selves. it wont need them.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   2:08 PM     

ok so wut should we go with a standard exhaust tip any reccomendations on that they also have thrust tips or wutever they are would those do the same thing or wut reccomendations would u have for a nice looking exhaust tip that will do something

novaboy

Re: exhaust anyone heard of it   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   2:14 PM     

do you know what a glass pack is? its a tube with a sheet of fiberglass in it.(hence the name) its not an ehxaust tip!,lol! just go to midas...and pick one out they usually have a lot and there cheap so...or look in jegs...thers some really nice ones...MEGS....mmmmm!!!!

novaboy
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3