This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 112041

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8  
Metal396
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   3:27 PM     

i think my car would run 18s.... stock rated with 163rhp and 255lbs trq .... has an RV midrange cam, makes most of its little power 2500 through 3500 rpm. 2 barrel. 8.5:1 compression...

what ya think? 18s... 19s...?
lol any way to figure out 1/4 mile times from 0-60mph times? 0-60mph in 9.5 seconds... oh and it weighs about 3600lbs.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.
[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   12:37 PM     

man, you must have a set of those infernal ferd 1.77:1 gears or some shit. that setup should run faster than an 18. put a four barrel on it for chrissake!

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Robertohill7
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:02 PM     

hi do you know what colour neons can you get? i dont know what are the colours

hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:07 PM     

try www.dodge.com

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Satanismycopilot
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   3:14 PM     

maybe he should put 3.55:1 gears in it or something along that line too

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   4:26 PM     

well peabody I finally ran my car! I wan't so pleased but It's gonna take a little more seat time. I have a couple other things up my sleeves. the times weren't that good but the cars I was beating made up for the slip. I ran a best of 15.66@ 88.8 and that was beating a 2002 VW Jetta 1.8Turbo with an intake, chip and exhaust. I also ran a 15.69 to beat a crx with a B16! but I just evened up the score he beat me the first time and I beat him the second! Plus I beat some guys who was bragging on how he had a 396 and even stock he wouldn't loose to a single cam honda! It was great! I don't even know what kinda car it was. But I still have this crappy DX tranny I'm hoping I can get it to around the 15.0's with the si tranny it has a 4.250 gear compared to the 3.88 that I'm running

Kutsuju Racing Pres
uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   4:31 PM     

glad to hear you punked a 396 owner. what all have you done to your car, peter?

jason

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   12:36 AM     

Wow man, with the mods you got I woulda figured you being lower than mid 15's... got anything heavy in that car??? Even more suprising is that you beat a rex with a B16, was he gunnin for traction? Sweet workin that 396
Yeah, the DX tranny is pretty sad, hehehe... the only good thing about my car is that the guy who had it before me swapped in a Si tranny to my DX engine! The ratios always seemed a bit shorter than they should have been so I was curuious, my bud has a DX and driving his I noticed a BIG difference, then I checked and figured out that the Si tranny tacs at 3500 RPM going 70 in 5th, which mine does, so that convinsed me The only prob is that the idiot before me wasn't running ANY tranny fluid, so some of the gears are rough, i'm trying to see if there's a rebuild kit for it. The tranny deffinently makes a difference though, I raced my bud's DX and had him by 3-4 car leingths

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:15 AM     

hey kutsuju, what kind of power are you building in that engine? if it is a lot, i would (just once, humor me), try running the 1/4 by shifting from 1 to 3 to 5. that'll use more of that vtec controlled power band instead of having one big 'pull up to speed' gear and 4 1000rpm powerband gears... give it a try and fiddle with the gears you grab. this obviously will only work if you are building a good amount of power in the first place. it's the 5 speed that's eating you alive. get a two speed auto with a shift kit.

jason

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:21 PM     

Peter? why did you ask that? Don't you remember me? CAI, H,E, CG, FR, and Vtec controller. yeah that tranny's killing me I'm gonna try shifting about 500rpms sooner in 2nd, and 3rd we'll see I'll be out there again in a few weeks...nah, it would bogg way too low. If I run the Si tranny I know I can get close if not get into the 14's all motor. (it's only a single cam 1.6 ) so it's not too shabby for a wapping 70 something cubic inches! with the pistons I have in my garage and a cam I'm looking for a total pakage of around 160 or so to the wheels I've seen one done similar with head work putting down 181 to the wheels! Yeah, man it was gutted I was hoping to run a whole lot lower too. A lot of people say a lot of things but until you show me a timeslip I ain't hearing it. I'm at about 1,100 feet above sea level here but I really just think it's the tranny and the fact that it was the first time out at the track I still need to get use to the car on 13's I drive it daily with 17's chrome so it's a huge difference. and it's not like I'm launching everyday either. I'll get it down though don't worry.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   10:25 PM     

oh, yeah another example of what people we're running at the track this one kid had a 280? with an SR20 in it! yup the heart of a silvia it was twin turbo and the dude only clicked off a 15.2 at that point and he was like your running 15.5 all motor! it was funny but driving a car is a whole other thing. I killed this old guy in a 4.6 GT mustang he was trying so hard to get me cause I killed him off the line. .606 reaction to his .9?? and a 2.3 60' to his 3.0 60 ' he must have wanted me real bad but it was too late! it was funny!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   12:37 AM     

That's what's so kick ass about our generation civs and their weight, we're quick outa the whole, Perfect for stoplight races However, once we get into the 60 + MPH, it doesn't quite climb as much

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   10:24 AM     

i couldn't remember your real name and i kept wanting to call you yoda, so i deferred to peter.

how can you have a single cam with vtec? i confuse.

j

uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   10:27 AM     

fast out of the hole and worthless thereafter? sounds like our subaru. we launched it a few times the other day against an s2000 while we were out on the town and absolutely skull fucked this lady. she promptly did the ricer flyby at 100mph shortly thereafter...and yes, she was revving on us the whole time.

jason
subaru subaru subaru <poof> it's gone...

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   8:37 PM     

You haven't seen quick until race a Bug with a real motor. You ain't doin' shit until your 60' is under 2 seconds, my kids Jr Dragster pulls 2.3-2.6 60' times. Any of you guys actually here in the Valley? I'm about to get this bug running again, youre making miss the "fun" days.

Edited by LS4_454 (Thu Nov 7, 02   8:42 PM)

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8