This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 112041

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8  
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   1:36 PM     

already shown it can you say mario cart

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   2:21 PM     

man the funniest part about that article was the rims/tires....and junior with the spec v on 20's wonders why all his spec v buddies kick his ass...

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Nov 1, 02   10:29 PM     

Hi Peabody,
I would spend $600-$800 on a 50-100 shot to get you a good number. Less money and more bang for your buck and no problems with smogging. No engine running problems because your EFI cant handle the cam. After all, you wont need that 200hp all the time, just for those "occassions"!

dragonrider87
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:37 AM     

i think there is more parts to a mario kart than that damn thing

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   12:15 PM     

I'm not too much of a Nitrious person, i'm gonna go with an engine swap most likely, by the time i'm done it would have cost roughly 2000. I'd be running 14's and possibly 13's w/ slicks. Oh, and a 50 shot would probobly put me into the 15's...

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   6:49 PM     

I thought you said that you are already run 14's with 160 hp? Before you start all this, have you taken your car to a track yet to get a number? I would try and get at least 6 passes in to get a baseline so when you make some changes you will know if you are going in the right direction and by how much. Racing someone on the street that "feels" there car runs 14's is not the same thing as going to the track and getting a real number.
A buddy of mine use to street race a guy who would do this, make changes to his car but never take it to a track. Funny part is it cost this guy $60 each time and my friend would always beat him by a 1/2 car length since he had him covered. Only my friend knew if the guys car was any better or worse!

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Nov 2, 02   8:24 PM     

I never said I run 14's or have 160 HP, I just said my car will run 14's with 160 HP, all compared to other civic hatchbacks of the same year and model with the same mods, all reletevly speaking And yes, I do plan on taking my car to the track when i'm done with it to get a slip so I know exactly what it runs

-Ben

LS4_454
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   9:22 AM     

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I see. I would still take it out the way it is now and see how it is, you may be closer to 14's than you think.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   10:49 AM     

Heh I wish, with a good launch I might be in the low 16's if i'm lucky, the thing has 92 hp stock and all I got on it is an intake

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:28 PM     

I was under the impression that you were a racer. but if you're not even running 16s, I don't see how that's possible. Even my stock grey voyager van will run better than 17. Dude you need to get your ass in gear. What have you done to you car? anything?

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:31 PM     

sorry that post made me sound like a bigger dick than I actually am. I was just surprised and curious.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:44 PM     

I never said I was a racer or my car was fast. I know allot about cars, especially imports, and their performance because I research and read up, so after college when I actually have money my car will be done right. I have street raced, I don't have a fast car though, sorry if I left that impression

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:47 PM     

I'm pretty sure my car will run low to mid 16's, however, I can't back that up since i've never run it at an actual strip. LIke I said before, all it has is an intake, so i'm guessing it has a whooping '95' horepower now :P

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   1:54 PM     

well save up man. I wouldn't think it'd cost TOO much to get that car running 14s. maybe a couple of grand.

MrPeabody

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Nov 3, 02   2:00 PM     

It will actually take me about $2000 to run 14's. That's swapping in a JDM B16, 1.6L DOHC VTEC, 160 HP 111 lbs. trq. I've also been thinking of building up a SOHC non-Vtec 1.6L for some boosting duty, it will cost more, but in the long run it'll be a heleva lot faster, and it might be street legal

G2G, cya

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8