This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 112041

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8  
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   6:27 PM     

Your a clown! lol to me that is a big motor but hey those kinda motors are the size of half my car! I know you can't get a 4 cylinder to sound that great...mine doesn't sound like most shit you hear it does ok man it's a pretty nice growl to it...it's not some whimpy wine like most it's got a nasty roar to it now.

That vette is a lengenfelter Twin Turbo corvette! I believe it's the 2nd stage that cost like $140,000!!!!

listen when it first takes off you can hear the blow off valves!

A DSM is a Mitsu...it's a first Gen Eclipse turbo...the guy has it running 12.4's now in that video he was running 13's his shit is quick but that Vette I think runs low 11's out of the box....the sad part is there still another one higher then that and it's like over 200,000 though! I don't have much else of those here a couple you may like....

now this is a real Japanese car!!! turn up your speakers!!!!
http://media.racingflix.com/videos/dyno/852r33.mpeg
I think it dynoed at 852HP Notice the guys sitting on the truck to keep it on the rollers???

here's a Twin Turbo Supra with 1,300 hp the sam car came to the salt flats and hit 242 with full interior full cat back and still unibody!!

http://students.washington.edu/crm2/Racing%20Videos/Supra%20Drift

Kutsuju Racing Pres
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   8:16 PM     

see i hate that sound to shitty if ya ask me cept the turbos whine nicelyt but shit that vette if it's the one i'm thinking twin wurbo 350 i think thats the 725 hp model 11's out of the box with a 228 top speed

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
ford thats just the way it works
FOracing

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   11:08 AM     

A....DSM stands for DIamond Star Motors.....though made by the same company a DSM is not only a Mitsubishi Eclipse, but also a Eagle Talon...and a Plymouth Laser in its first Generation....goes something like this..

Eclipse....1st gen...90-94...2nd Gen...95-99
Laser....1st gen...90-94
Eagle....1st gen...90-94....2nd Gen...95-98 (company folded)

B....Lingenfelter is not a 120,000 dollar car in any form....It is about 22,000 for the 550 hp twin turo set up that the DSM raced...and if you like the single digit 1/4 mile passes it will cost you about 52,000 over the 45,000 dollar sticker price....so the setup everyone saw in that video....will run you about 70,000 not bad considering the price of a viper...nsx...ferrari..porsche...that package will surely put you ahead of any of those cars and for quite a bit cheaper....If you really wanna hurt there feelings you can go with the 107,000 dollar vette....but hey it can be a street machine without a problem and well you just arent gonna find to many car that can run 9's..... [External Image Removed]http://www.lingenfelter.com/home.asp

There is some stuff done to it but the most power comes from the FOracin Plates
BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   11:21 AM     

those videos are very impressive. 9.2 @ 150! holly shit could you imagine doing 0-150 in 9 seconds with a street legal car? WOW

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   4:37 PM     

i was talking about the 700 hp lingenfelter it's around viper price as bit more or sometihng like that damn memory

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   4:55 PM     

ok foracing... that is only a 500 horse vette, wasn't it. i mean it looked cool trouncing the little dipshit sucker motor car, but i really thought that was what my el camino looked like stomping on people around that speed.

then after the ride in this willys, hell, i am getting even more big headed regarding the elco.

that lingenfelter 500 horse vette runs what? 11's?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   5:00 PM     

i want an slp firehawk

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   6:35 PM     

Viper Venom 800 (my current favorite car) does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds totally street legal. quit bragging about that GAY assed Vette. ha ha ha I'm kidding, that vette was so freaking awesome.

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   6:40 PM     

you know I wish more racers were like us and the dudes in that vid. There are just too many assholes out on the street.

Metal396
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   7:45 PM     

Exactly! But i havent ran into any assholes.. theres nobody around here (not like i would do anything cause my car is a slow turd right now hehe).

Although i have run a new 2002 celica that had rims, new lights, and exhaust, sounded like auto trans. I dunno what else was done to it.

Me and my friend were headin down to a muffler shop, and there was a new celica with a couple chicks in there (yes they were hot lol). Us listening to Motley Crue and them listening to some crappy rap shit. After a couple minutes of glances and smiles, we both hit the gas, knowing we were both gunna see who would be faster. I didnt hit it real hard *my car doenst pull hard anyways* (while they kept in first gear till it sounded like it was gunna explode lol) then once they shifted to second, i hit up 3500 rpm and took off past em. they kept within a car length behind both us still running up to about 70. And thats it lol.

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Wed Oct 2, 02   9:17 PM     

That's cool I wasn't trying to post exact stuff yeah, those are prices for kits but here's the prices I was mentioning and that's what I was told but here's what I found....

2000 Lingenfelter Corvette 650 Twin-Turbo Specifications

General Information
Price: $113,000
Miles Per Gallon: 5/31 mpg
Curb Weight: 3330 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 5670 cc
Horsepower: 650 bhp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 600 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
0-100 mph: 6.7 sec
Quarter Mile: 10.8 sec @ 133.5 mph
Skidpad: .94g
Top Speed: 226 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 111 ft
Slalom Speed: 70.8 mph

General Information
Price: $165,000
Miles Per Gallon: 15/24 mpg
Curb Weight: 3340 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 7007 cc
Horsepower: 802 bhp @ 4600 rpm
Torque: 866 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 1.97 sec
0-100 mph: 4.33 sec
Quarter Mile: 9.24 sec @ 150 mph
Skidpad: 1.01g
Top Speed: 240 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 108 ft
Slalom Speed: 69.7 mph
http://www.fast-autos.net/index.html

That's cool though man no disrespect......I will not begin to act like I know about your guys's types of cars...I know a little but when asked I don't know shit. I'm definately not one to quote on V8's unless I back it up with proof? I just though you guys might like those links....

Kutsuju Racing Pres
SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Oct 4, 02   7:37 PM     

you guys need to stop fucking up my god dam thread

Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Oct 5, 02   12:08 PM     

wasn't this about building up a neon?

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Oct 6, 02   12:28 PM     

i guess not

ShowMeYourTits
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Oct 28, 02   1:10 PM     

and the neon will be done when???? Let me know, because i will enjoy smoking my tires past you, and then take your money TOO!!!!!! TeLL then ta ta

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8