This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 112041

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8  
SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   7:27 PM     

you guys need to stop fucking up my thead, DAMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetNeon

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Fri Sep 27, 02   7:31 PM     

RC51s are dope tho im planing to buy one when i go up to texas

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sat Sep 28, 02   9:10 AM     

Yea, i have to agree that an RC51 is a bad ass bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   3:04 PM     

ok you're going to go with Dodge's 2.5 minivan engine and AREN'T going to turbocharge it? I'd actually like to see that. if you're going all motor, what are you shooting for?

BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   4:55 PM     

this might be a dumb question but has anybody messesd with the dual over head cam 2.7 litre v6 that they put in the intrepids? im not saying to keep that motor in the intrepid but put it in somthing else smaller. Any upgrades for that engine?

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Sun Sep 29, 02   5:24 PM     

i'd probably use the 3.5 v6 instead

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
ford thats just the way it works
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   4:52 PM     

You see there it is right there. that's the mentality that's different from imports to Muscle cars....for imports it's about weight and doing more with less. or just not too big. Plus I think it also has a whole lot to do with being an underdogg and proving everybody wrong.

you see you guys are going with these huge motors and doing rediculous times(don't get me wrong its bad ass!) But hondas are doing it with so much less and Honda stamped blocks. I really wouldn't know but my guess is that in NHRA with a Stock block meaning Manufactures stamped block they may be running in the 6's? but we're not that far behind anymore. I remember when Hondas first started back in 97 I had my superstreet mag and my boss had his Hot Rod Mag. and it said "oh, these HIGHLY Juiced tube frame front wheel drive hondas are running mid to high 12's and just totally dogging us out. He was all laughing I said oh, you think so and through my mag on the table....on the cover was a 12 sec. daily driven integra!

My point is we've just been dogged out since the beggining. I even understand because there are so many little kids making us look bad. back to the main point sorry! The fastest all motor neon is running a 2.0L I believe R/T block. it's all about weight. A Muscle car guy/girls first though is BIG BLOCK or something and ours is LOOSE WEIGHT. For us it's all about getting 350HP from a 2.2 or a 2.6 compared to your 500 from a 7.L motor and shit. It's just a total different mind set? Sorry I just realized it when I read his post.

Let me get back to why I came here I though some of you chevy boys would like this....

http://media.racingflix.com/videos/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg

Sorry I don't know how to post links but it's from importevolution.com That vette is BAD ASS!!!!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   6:01 PM     

more with less more with more i like the second one it's all in the mind set and i hate the damn high revving stupid exhaust note even the well built cars i hate that sound pisses me offv oh well different mind set and i forgot what the piint of this post was but that vette was fucking fast

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   6:03 PM     

and that is how you post the link nothing complex just type it in

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   11:29 PM     

I WANT ONE OF THOSE VETTES..ohhhhh i like i like....

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
Metal396
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Mon Sep 30, 02   11:56 PM     

that thing has gotta pull SO HARD!!!! jeeze, i hope i can get my car to do that lol

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

uglystick
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   11:23 AM     

ok kutsuju,

you need to keep sending those goodies this direction. that was a sweet clip. what's a dsm?

my el camino acts like that. no bs. i'll have to get some videotape of it.

so back to the topic at hand: small engines, big power. i completely agree with you kujitsu...mad power out of a small engine shows skill. so help me out. i've got a 2.0l bmw m10 block that i can fiddle with. i want to make insane power for cheap. what do i do?

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
BlownGTP

Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   11:33 AM     

well, do you consider a 3.8 to be a small engine?

1969Stang
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   12:54 PM     

not really...if it is you gtp its a 231 if its my new tbird...well new to me...the 3.8 is a 232.....but selling it....the engine that is...it has 265k miles on it..but it still well isn't like new...but its damn good...the only thing I have had to do is change the serp. belt..damn I hated that...i'm still getting 25mpg...though....its nice...I still have the mustang though....

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: Neon Build up   Posted Tue Oct 1, 02   3:50 PM     

anything under 8.0 litres is small

resident chevette lover!
CHEVY
dodge
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8