This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 16344

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   8:57 PM     

hey matt,

my friend kevin says the twin tubo v8 (sbc,bbc? i dunno) chevy van out there in detroit was on gratiot between 8 mile and 12 mile in detroit (city limits).

i dunno what any of that means, but that is where my friend and his 11.8 second brown and beige '76 el camino saw it and got his ass handed to him. my friend had a 350/th350/3.73posi with a tunnel ram, .565ish lift split profile cam, 3600rpm stall and a set of dart heads.

jason

hooyeah
Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   9:13 PM     

i think thats like mile markers on the highway or something i want one of those damn vans shit thatsd be great (dad had a chevy van with a 454 and m/t drag slicks out back when he was a kid )

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
FordFactor

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Wed Sep 11, 02   3:04 PM     

Mr. T status, or was it a chevy?

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
uglystick
Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Wed Sep 11, 02   3:18 PM     

i think it was a chevy. twin turbo, ran better than 11.

jason

FordFactor

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Thu Sep 12, 02   4:12 PM     

Nice

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
Phatmatt

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   11:13 AM     

8 mile and 12 mile are simply streets in detroit. They are about in the center of the city. it's like instead of saying 23rd and 24th street. we say 8mile, 9mile, 10 mile. I'll start looking around there when and if I can, but I don't see much reason to race him since he is definately faster than me if he runs better than 11s. ... of course I've been tampering with some plans to POSSIBLY put me into the high 10s but I don't have NEARLY the money I need right now... and there is no way in hell that it'd be street legal anymore.

I'll probably still try to look for the guy though. I just need some freaking free time. So he's got Full-size Chevy then? What about color? markings? year?

thanks uglystick. I'm always interested in van racing.

uglystick
Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   1:17 PM     

it's a rustbucket from what i hear, i'll get more info for you. the thing is, rumor has it the guy will NOT show ANYONE what is in the vehicle. i'll bet he'd show you though!

that's why you race him!

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.
Phatmatt

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   6:56 PM     

hmmm... I'm surprised it holds together. "Twin-Turbo" and "rust-bucket" are rarely terms used to describe the same vehicle.... but neither are fast and van.

MrPeabody

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:02 PM     

Boy do you got a point there... Your van is still kick as man, can't get over it

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:22 PM     

thanks man. it's always nice to meet a fan.

storm

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:27 PM     

haha, well u've said to me how fast it is to me before and i belive ya, but still wondering what could he do to a light 4 like that civic, lol, and have a look how heavy stuff like he's van is

MrPeabody

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:43 PM     

That's the advantage of some compacts. My car weighs about 1,950 pounds stock. It's all about power to weight ratio. With a little under 200 HP I can run high 13's (what i'm shooting for;)

-Ben

storm

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   7:59 PM     

u should be able to give it more hp then 200, mr pea

MrPeabody

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:06 PM     

It's not that more HP is the problem, it's the question of reliability and will it smog or not. California laws are extreamly strict. I could get a B16, turbo, and Nitrious and be running 12's, but it wouldn't be legal and my civ is my only vehicle so that would suck...

-Ben

storm

Re: turbo van info 4 matt.   Posted Mon Sep 16, 02   8:11 PM     

yeah well i don't know the laws there, so i can't tell ya much

Pages in this thread: (1) 2