This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 12925

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Metal396
Muffler Opinion   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   6:53 PM     

What mufflers do you guys prefer? I dont wanna spend too much and i dont want my car to be really quiet. (if im gunna have to buy mufflers for any more than 40 bucks a peice, i might as well just go with glasspacks.)

I like flowmaster, but i dont want any of their products of my car, because practically every muscle car sounds the same with them.

I will probably find out alot more at route-66, hearing other peoples cars and asking them what mufflers they have , but id like the hear your opinions.

I like a strong idle sound, but something that doesnt quiet down when revving up. An equally good sounding, but also kinda loud muffler. Ive been turning more toward Dynomax , because "the falcon" has them, and it sounds great. (it has the hemi turbo mufflers).

Im going to be running headers to 2 1/2 inch pipes. I would like to know what the cheapo summit turbo and dynomax turbo 20 dollar mufflers sound like, just to see if i like them at all, but its practically impossible to find good muffler sounds online.

Oh and what mufflers are you guys all running on your cars? Thanks.

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc

--Alot of stuff on our cars here--My forums: http://spddemontc.proboards7.com/index.cgi -- talk there if ur tired of cvsr lol

hooyeah
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   7:21 PM     

well it's a chevette but my brothers car has a magna flow it was pretty cheap around 60$ probably us not sure though it has a semi deep idle with decent sound for a 4 banger not bad at all though.
i know of a chevy pickup 5.7 litre that has true duals with magna flows and 3 inch boom tubes and it sounds fucking great can hear that thing a mile away i also know of a few trucks and cars that run flowmasters also sounds pretty good talk to some guys at a muffler shop usually they'll have their certain system ont heir rides and see what ya like if not straight pipe with some 20 $ glasspacks or sometihng

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   6:40 AM     

k...this is what you do...you go to pepboys and switch a terminator muffler with a flowmaster..so u get flowmasters for likr 12 bucks..just a thought..

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
TheRealMyles

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   11:20 AM     

I have enjoyed the Hemi Turbo muffler that Jeg's sell. The are throaty and they are a larger muffler made for trucks but seem to flow well too.
OR Dynomax they are smalled and seem to do a good job too.

Good Luck...mls

Pece,

TRM

Cutlass

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   4:27 PM     

i'm currently running Borla XR1s. i had Flowmasters but i blew one of them up so i just swapped to a non resonance muffler, i can hear the radio now and it still sounds bad ass.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   4:31 PM     

lol u have a radio...thats cool ...what do you have in it system wise?..

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
Metal396
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   4:39 PM     

haha yeah i could tell those borlas sounded nice. and i am also interested in hearing more about sound systems right now. but that will be the last mod to my car , after all my engine work is done. Never hurts to learn though.

Check Out:

--Alot of stuff on our cars here--My forums: http://spddemontc.proboards7.com/index.cgi -- talk there if ur tired of cvsr lol

Cutlass

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Wed Sep 11, 02   7:18 PM     

i have a just basic stuff.. 2 6.5 Cerwin Vegas, 2 3.25 Polks /w seperate tweeters, 8" Bazooka tube with 400 watt amp. and a pioneer deck with 10 disk changer.

Fst69Chevelle
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   3:17 PM     

NICE DUDE COOL THAT YOU HAVE A SYSTEM IN YOU DRAG CAR YOU ALWAYS NEED MUSIC FOR CRUZING! BUT BACK TO THE MUFFLER STUFF, WELL FOR ME OPEN HEADERS SOUNDS THE BEST, STRAIGHT ENGINE TO THE MAX...........I BET IF CUTLASS RAN OPEN HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HERE IS SYSTEM!! CRAZY

It Wuz Once 69Chevelle But Now Im Faster And Better! So Fuck You
Cutlass

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   4:10 PM     

nobody else around me would hear their systems either. don't need that ticket anyway..i'm keeping my mufflers.

Metal396
Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   4:45 PM     

exactly my point about running open pipes. ive never gotten a ticket before, and i wanna keep it that way...

Check Out:

FordFactor

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Fri Sep 13, 02   5:10 PM     

I got a ticket 450 dollars for(wrecless driving) unintentionally spinning the tires in a rainy day and worn rear tires..lol..sucked to be me that day

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me
SweetNeon

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Sat Sep 14, 02   11:58 PM     

mufflers are for pussys who cant stand noise, i say fuck mufflers and back pressure

Phatmatt

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   10:58 AM     

well man you can also say, "fuck money" because you're going to enjoy paying all them tickets.

If you can get away with no muffler I'd say go ahead, but the Hemi-Turbo's are nice. Nice sound. Not quiet at all.

SweetNeon

Re: Muffler Opinion   Posted Sun Sep 15, 02   8:48 PM     

it wasn't that bad, i only paid for the court fee like 10 dollars, i would just bolt the mufflers on and get it signed off and do it all over again but when the judge started remembering who i was after being in there so many times shit was not good

Pages in this thread: (1) 2