This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 19296

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Aldo1

My car   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:38 PM     

Ok I have a 99' Buick century ltd. and a friend of mine said some neon street glow would look sweet on it. WHta do you guys think? Im not realy shure I mean i can see it being pretty dumb but then again it might look all right.

hooyeah
Re: My car   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   8:43 PM     

yah like phatmatt has a van with it it really sets the car off sometimes just if u do get it make sure u get the right color to look good with tht specific color and model car and make sure u get an on off switch inside the stuff id illegal

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
LethalToy

Re: My car   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:08 PM     

I would totally pimp it out. Crushed velvet fabric pleated across the dash, lots of mirror, chrome and three 3' tubes. An underbody kit would be okay but i prefer my neon in the interior. Less chance of breakage or theft. I picked up a phat black light. I can wire it to my power point or throw batteries in it and go mobile. It's wicked at a party and for some reason (my wife hates it) the women all seem to gravitate towards it. Works almost as good as hanging a platinum AMEX from your neck. Go figure

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
hooyeah
Re: My car   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   11:15 PM     

hehe pimping buick haha

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
fonzarelli
Re: My car   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   3:59 AM     

if your car is fast already then yeh go for it. if your car isnt tuned or modd-ed yet, then you would be better off spending the money on something that actually has a benefit for you.

i have seen too many people is nice looking cars that have neglected the performance and they look very sorry when you leave them behind in a race... especially if the car you are driving looks like a standard everyday car.

fit an induction kit, exhaust or get the engine tuned first then worry about looks.

hooyeah
Re: My car   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   12:51 PM     

well it is a buick 3.8 i think umm trying to beef up a buick probably not a great idea but if u want i mean since it is a buick suping it up would be nice performance wise but if u would like and aren't planning to race it then go for the appearance but performance is suggested first as always go before show

FordFactor

Re: My car   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   7:20 PM     

well i can think of a few lowriders that go slow and look good.lol

Besides if you happen to fly by some hot chicks at 130+mph, I personally think is best if you stroll by slow and low, seems to work for so many don't it?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

Edited by FordFactor (Fri Apr 19, 02   7:22 PM)

Aldo1

Re: My car   Posted Wed Apr 24, 02   3:23 PM     

Lol thanks guys, loved the posts. Sorry i haven't been on to read em. Yeah I have about $800 to blow so i was thinkin. But no im not realy planin on racein this car or anything I just want it to look pretty sweet and have just enough beef to be better then some stock comp. (from the same range of cars) so thanks again, and if anyone else has any ideas about somethin i could do, Plz post.

-Alex

Aldo1

Re: My car   Posted Thu Apr 25, 02   8:15 PM     

yes, any ideas at all

LethalToy

Re: My car   Posted Fri Apr 26, 02   10:29 PM     

You don't really have a good platform to build "beef" from. It will cost you a load of cash for very little improvement. If the performance is satisfactory for YOU (as it's your car and no one elses) then build it the way you want to. You shouldn't have to ask for approval from anyone. When a client comes to me and wants me to build a vehicle for them, I ask "What do you want to do with it?" It takes a lot of time and even more money to build a vehicle that can do everything well. If you want your car to look good, then a great add-on would be a tire/rim combo. A 17" rim with a 205/40(or 35) skin would be saweet. The lower profile and (usually) higher performance rating of that size and profile of tire/rim combo should improve your handling characteristics. Aesthetically it would be "da bomb" . Stainless fender trim, rockers, a HID conversion, tint and even a little stereo additions should ALL fall within your $800 limit. Rims and tires, though, are a little more pricey and you may be able to get just the tire/rim combo for now and wait for the rest.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Phatmatt

Re: My car   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   3:36 PM     

Aldo, take it from me. Unless you're willing to put some serious time, money, and effort into working on that car, DO NOT TRY TO BUILD IT INTO SOME KIND OF A RACER. The things that I've done to the van took a long time and a butt-load of cash. if you want to put neon on it, go ahead. I wouldn't be too keen on a Buick with neon, I prefer it on cars like (civics, neons, probes, accords, or smaller cars with more basic designs). The van has neon to mainly get it noticed at night for cruising racers, and because I thought it looked hilarous. HOWEVER it is your car and you can do whatever you want with it. Just make sure it's what you want before you do it.

hooyeah
Re: My car   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   3:46 PM     

if it's a 3.8 though u may be able to add some extra horsepower from a junkyard try to find a wrecked gtp and grab the intake and the supercharger good for an extra 40 or 50 hp i think

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Phatmatt

Re: My car   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   4:14 PM     

yeah but unless he has the tools, know-how, and is lucky enough to find a supercharger lying around in good condition, it's still going to cost some cash. I'm not saying that it's impossible to build up such a car (just look what I've managed to do), I'm just saying it's going to be hard as hell. He's probably better off buying a car that's already got balls and will be easier to find parts for. But he should do what he wants.

Aldo1

Re: My car   Posted Wed May 1, 02   1:18 PM     

Im not planin to make my car a racer lol . All i was think about doing to incease preformance was soemthing like air filter, fuel filter, and exhaust. Just small things like that. And right now i have $800 to do what ever with and i know this will not cover all my coasts but i just wanted some sugestions like if you knew something cool i could do. And thanks for the posts.
But yeah im not planing on buying a car with balls untill im a bit older and my rates have droped.

dragonrider87
Re: My car   Posted Fri May 24, 02   5:50 PM     

hey there aint nothing wrong with putting neon on your ride i enjoy the ocassional chuckle as some rice rocket comes up glowing like a tree to be left in my wake by the way is 250 hp out of a v8 pathetic or mentionable???

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
Pages in this thread: (1) 2