This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 4826

uglystick
Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   5:21 PM     

Hey y'all,

if you noticed one of my posts elsewhere, the turbo 350 in my el camino is slowly eating itself from the inside out. I'm going to go grab a core and have it built. so far here's what they're going to do:

turbo 400 sprague with an undersized inner race and oversized outer race, both billet steel with appropriate hardening (not too hard, not too soft, juuuuuust right...)

manual valve body with freewheel first (ie if i'm doing 50 in 2nd and i pull it into 1st, it'll coast instead of dragging the ass. if i hit the gas, it'll go baby go and burn my tires off. valve body will also be appropriately milled for a strip style shift - aka put your teeth through the back windshield.

10" stall converter - 2800 rpm or so. haven't decided on this one, i may kick it up a notch to prepare for the new cam, victor jr. intake and bigger carb / higher compression with my 58cc camelbacks (i may or may not swap the heads between my 327 and 383, as the 383 has 71or so cc combustion chambers and the camelbacks are either 62 or 58 cc.)

any other ideas or important things that i may be missing or should discuss with my tranny guy (jim at ATO Performance in Rancho Cordova, CA 916-636-3283 shameless plug, this guy writes articles for mustang magazines, hot rod, etc... and is a ford c4/c6 genius at heart, but knows his shit when it comes to chibby and mopar too.)

thanks in advance...

jason

FordFactor

Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   3:01 PM     

so what is the price gonna look like after he is done?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
hooyeah
Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   3:02 PM     

i am guessing his answer will be too much or atleast thatd what it would be to me

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   5:47 PM     

i don't know. he said he had to go do the math...yikes!

either way, it's worth it.

jason

FordFactor

Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   5:58 PM     

i hate math numbers

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
SweetNeon

Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   1:09 PM     

tell me about it, it was a pain in the ass calculateing the lenght and diametar of the runners for my manifold baist on my engine specs

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Tue Sep 24, 02   10:11 PM     

yeah but you only have to do 4, i normally do 8
forgot the formula but its some where in the log book on my dads race engine

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
SweetNeon

Re: Turbo 350 Buildup...   Posted Wed Sep 25, 02   7:28 PM     

not any harder doing 8 then 4, only difference is in the equasion when engine volume comes in to play , well as far as when your trying to determin the runner diameter