This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 15719

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
JcAus
Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   6:48 PM     

I want to get a 1984/5 corvette or some sort. Are they all V8s or what? I no nothing about the models or what ever, as they are pretty hard to come by out here.

SO any help from those Corvette guys, please help

GinoLicious

Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   7:04 PM     

Yeah there are some around they are hard to get but u should try and get from a collector. I know all this cause my friend own 3 old vettes hes a collector and owns his own store.

hooyeah
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:02 PM     

yes they're all v8's 5.7 litre they are not rare at alll the 80's vettes are quite common and one more question why 84/5? that is one of the slowest years for the vette just looked damn nice i have seen 80's vettes in some cases for as low as 2 or 3 grand american. you're coming to the states soon you'll see a bunch but if i were going for a vette i'd go early 60's or anything from 93+ all corvettes are v8s

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Phatmatt

Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:05 PM     

yeah man you can drive down to where I live and drive around for an hour and find vette after vette (years 72-89) for sale all over. usually running from $3000-10000 that's american money.

hooyeah
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:14 PM     

ok i just read about the under 87 and you can import it no probem thing the 80's vettes are pretty much crap they're nice but they're only like 200 horsepower i think they really did ruin it for those years if you want an old vette you can still make it fast quite easily but personally i'd go with the early 60's vettes mor emoney but alot faster

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
JcAus
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:35 PM     

Hmmm cheers for that...some food for thought.
I will have a look when I am in Virginia in 3 weeks.

Cheers for that.

JcAus
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   8:41 PM     

Got to remember that if I buy a car for $3000 USD thats roughly $6000 AUD, which is fucked up, then I got shipping and shit, I dunno I might take some for a drive when I am over there.

sweetdevil
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   7:17 AM     

Vette's are a dime a dozen in a chevy trader down here... we actually have a corvette trader. If that isn't sick. I'm a Chevy girl, but I don't like Corvette drivers. Everyone that I know that has a corvette knows nothing about thier shit, it was all done by a mechanic, cuz they're just rich and stoopid.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   10:31 AM     

first off, if you find an '83 corvette, it ain't going to be 4000 dollars. they made about 100 of them. it was the 30th anniversary car.

second off, the older c4 corvettes are a great frame/body package, but the engines were highly substandard. in '84-'87 a buick grand national could beat a stock 'vette in the 1/4 mile.

if you get one, i would suggest finding someone over here to pull the engine and trans so that you can put whatever you want into it over there and save the weight / shipping cost.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
JcAus
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   2:28 PM     

Yeah obtaining an engine over here is no problem, I have a couple of mates who are mechanics that can assist me is sourcing one. And I will look into that shipping thing. Thanks for that

hooyeah
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   4:22 PM     

all you'd need is the ls1 v8 and you'd have a nice one from the commodores i do believe

JcAus
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Tue Aug 27, 02   4:40 PM     

They are indeed out of the Commodores, I will definitely look into it

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Wed Aug 28, 02   12:27 AM     

sweet are you a corvette owner...you spelled stupid wrong ..lol im just kidding ...sorry ..=)

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
JcAus
Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Wed Aug 28, 02   1:22 AM     

I am look at getting one. Not that many around in my town

storm

Re: Any older corvettes still around?   Posted Wed Aug 28, 02   11:44 PM     

yeah i'd change, engine + trans over then u'll have a good looking car + plus a engine u like, that will go faster then the stock engine that is in it at the moment.
for a shipping fee, im only guessing, i don't know but i think round $6000 australian $$, i only think this coz when i was going to ship that shelby daytona over it was about $3000 us which in our money is $6000, but i'd check before

Pages in this thread: (1) 2