This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 5435

FordFactor

NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:13 PM     

I just today saw a recent new sort of solution to the dragster wing detachment accidents. I'm not sure if the wire was attached to a sensor, i doubt it though, but in any case if the wing should happen to come off, the wire would deploy the parachutes, hopfully slowing down the car enough to control. What are your guy's opinion on this? Whould you change anyting?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:25 PM     

The shoots deploying would probobaly make the controling issue worse because you now have two variables in the failure. Sometimes the shoots have tendency to lift on the back of the car and with no downforce it might make the cars go sky high. So if they were to enforce it they might have more radical crashes.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
FordFactor

Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:31 PM     

true. But what would you recomend as a solution, make the wings stronger, i mean they're already build to take a shit load of downforce. What else is there?

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   11:33 PM     

Thicker gauge cable maybe, and some stronger mounts.

hooyeah
Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   3:08 AM     

duct tape

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   9:23 AM     

lmao

BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   9:27 AM     

HAS ANYONE FROM THE VALLEY SEEN THE OLD PICK-UP COMPLETLY COVERED IN DUCT TAPE?..LOL ITS CRAZY ! AND THE SAD PART IS IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD CAUSE THEY TOOK THERE TIME ..

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVES TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
sweetdevil
Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   10:36 AM     

no! I haven't but i want to!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
hooyeah
Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   10:47 AM     

i have thought so many times about doing that exact same thing i know ppl who duct taped everything with different colors made all ther books at school and stuff and shnazzy it's funny

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
FordFactor

Re: NHRA Wired wing.   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   3:52 PM     

Duct tape rules, you could use it as a whole body, very light weight, the only thing is that its gonna melt.