This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 57905

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
Satanismycopilot
Question for everyone   Posted Sat Aug 10, 02   2:34 PM     

now that we've pretty much covered the muscle car whats your favorite engine, size & make
my personal favorite is the 6.6 400 small block. because ite ballzy and u kan fit it in just about and car that had a v8 and even some v6's

Edited by Satanismycopilot (Sat Aug 10, 02   3:17 PM)

hooyeah
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Sat Aug 10, 02   3:32 PM     

i'd go with the 350 alot of possibilities and huge potential

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
1969Stang
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Sat Aug 10, 02   10:51 PM     

302 for most mods out there I guess. boss 302 for a strong 302 that its hard to find parts for. 351c for brute strength. but my 3 all time favorites would be the 427, 428cj,scj, 429....yess...power...great power...and the 426 hemi...and the 440...and I can't remember but chevy made a 427 all aluminum block back in the day...light weight and powerful...very nice.

For Sale

1969 Mustang Great car hate to have to sell it...4000 obo
LethalToy

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Sun Aug 11, 02   10:52 AM     

Everyone that knows me, knows that i love a 383 stroker. Although........I have been toying with the idea of building a 502 Rat. We want to build an alchy and use the motor double duty in our Malibu 1/4 mile car and in a tube chassis mud bogger.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
sweetdevil
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   8:03 AM     

has anyone else heard about this 572 crate motor that Chevy is going to put out??? I heard about this a little this weekend....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   11:00 AM     

383 stroker. game over. i mean, if it's good enough to run a naturally aspirated 7.9 in a rail, it's good enough for any car i've got. that's talking sheer torque and hp all in the same package, with a very healthy powerband and the ability to rev like a rotary.

NOW, my second favorite is the 327 (duh, the other chibby v8 i own), it's a great torque motor for lower hp output (it was in trucks for quite some time), and yet it can be built to put out a TON of hp at the cost of torque. well enough that it was used in can am for quite some time afaik.

and on the big block side, the pontiac 455. torque MONSTER. can't beat this old beast. slap a set of those hard to find ram air IV heads on it and you've got nasty horsepower on demand.

it's cousin the olds 455 is also one of my favorites, particularly the hemi head DOHC can am version. wicked....four weber IDF downdrafts, a front profile that looks like the batman symbol and with the dohc hemi heads, probably one of the most balanced monster torque/monster horsepower combinations known to man. too bad they only built a handful of these.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
FordFactor

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   9:14 PM     

347 Street Fighter based on a 5.0L block, and pushing 500+hp, god knows the posibilities with a blower on top/ and some of that happy juice.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
FordFactor

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Mon Aug 12, 02   9:16 PM     

Or whatever John Force has in his mustang, all i know its made by Ford.=0)

uglystick
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   4:10 PM     

oh and that all aluminum chibby 427 was the ZL-1 block.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Satanismycopilot
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   4:33 PM     

that 572 would great for a jacked up off road prolly megatons of torque and hp.....no what motor really sux is the ford 5.4. my stepdad has it in his work truck and compared to the chevy 5.3 which puts out 23 more hp its fuckin weak.

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   7:36 PM     

True, but those are work trucks, me personally i'd go with the Chevy for work, but the 5.4 Supercharged lightning is a doosie, i've had quite a few give me a good run but then again im running 11's

1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   12:08 AM     

My brother has a GMC that's all bolt ons that 'll run with a stock lightning in the 1/4 maybe even beat it with the slicks on. He launches like a motha and tears up 12 and 13 second lightnings on the 60 foot times and to the 1/8 both running slicks. Personally I prefer the new ls1 engines. They're good on torque and scream on the top end. They have all kinds of potental, in an artical in an old hotrod mag I have a tech school got a camaro to do low 10's normally aspirated.

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
BlownGTP

Re: Question for everyone   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   7:40 AM     

Is the GMC a typhoon or syclone?

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   9:27 AM     

its not a typhoon or a cyclone....its a 2001 gmc sierra single cab short bed. and its fast as fuck ...i rode in it. my truck is supercharged and it ripped me a new asshole!...lol

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK ..MMMM MY TRUCK LOVE TO EAT IMPORTS...RICE IS GOODDDDD...!
uglystick
Re: Question for everyone   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   10:41 AM     

mother fucker those are fast trucks. i've got a friend with a merc xr7 sohc 4.x with a lot of go fast goodies on it. he's a big ford guy, always ford ford ford ford ford. drives me nuts. anyway, we raced his bitch ass in that '01 sierra short bed 4x4 and handed it to him on a plate....WHILE TOWING A U HAUL CAR TRANSPORT TRAILER!

they're fast! REAL FAST! and his was stock. i was certainly impressed. it'd probably run a 15.x stock i'd assume.

jason

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6