This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 4800

uglystick
finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Mon Aug 5, 02   5:36 PM     

got it registerred today and insured. driving it around town for the first time in a year. sure is fun.

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

those might be worth a try, i was curious if the forum would post the image...if that didn't work on your browser:

http://www.orionoutdoor.com/~jason/uglygrill.jpg

http://www.orionoutdoor.com/~jason/383.jpg

that's the car, i told you it was ugly. not only that, but it's dirty as hell right now too.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
1969Stang
Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Mon Aug 5, 02   8:35 PM     

my car is worse..but the interior is looking better...doing it in black...it s nice...kinda...lol..If I knew how to post the pics I would...lol...

For Sale

1969 Mustang Great car hate to have to sell it...4000 obo
1000hpsbchevyFOR

Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Mon Aug 5, 02   8:37 PM     

Nice, looks decent. Bet it runs better than it looks though. Still a nice car though. I like the valve covers, where did you get them?

Who has the fastest toys and why do I?
hooyeah
Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Mon Aug 5, 02   10:56 PM     

i expected uglier that actually looks pretty good

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
BIGBLOWNOVAL11
Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Tue Aug 6, 02   3:07 AM     

ugly stick who cares about looks...its a sleeper..i gues its nice to have it look good ..but oh well.. nice car though..motors clean...

ITS NOT FAST ..ITS A WORK TRUCK
BlownGTP

Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Tue Aug 6, 02   7:41 AM     

your not going to beleive this ugly. there is a car that looks almost exactly like yours rite up the road from me. the flames are a little different but overall its the same car. i couldn beleive it when i saw your car.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Tue Aug 6, 02   9:29 AM     

That's really ugly.... LOL
We took DOT's El Camino through the drive thru car wash (Ya, you gotta hold towels to the windows)... it was great, going to dry some spots with the towel, the towel turned the red/orange that the el camino is.... Now we have two Elky's in desperate need of a paint job.... lol

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: finally, pics of the ugly el camino...   Posted Tue Aug 6, 02   9:33 AM     

bahahahahahha....on mine, you really have to see it in person. it doesn't look bad from 40 yards at 40mph.

the valve covers i believe were actually purchased from original parts group. i would be very willing to trade them for some OEM 327 finned aluminum covers or a set of moon noname covers. opg is a catalog company, one of their catalogs is the A body tempest/chevelle/skylark/el camino catalogue. i got a stack of them when i bought the car from a co-worker and he got the stack from the guy who built the engine (or rather cobbled it together in a hurry. it was built pretty well, but the guy was in a hurry to get cash to send his kid to school), which had the valvecovers on it. so i'd assume that is where he bought them. they're tall too, so they clear any guts you may want to put in the heads (stud girdles, oil sprayer bars, big ass rockers).

the car is running like piss off a flat rock, aka like SHIT! but it's still fast as all hell. we need to do some serious carb work and figure otu what the hell is going on with the distributor (see my other post).

damn it's fun though. i have to work very hard not to act entirely cocky in this thing. at least i know who in town is faster than i am. there's a guy up here with a 454 powered '69 chevelle that just ran an 11.1 on street tires while spraying a 150shot of nitrous. WHOAH!

he broke something though, but told me there was a guy in sacramento who beat him (in the chevelle minus NOS) in a twin turbo RSX-s. i'll have to keep an eye out. but i'll give props to anyone who can run a low 11 in an import.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...