This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 14821

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
PremiumSyzle
1969Stang   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   6:15 PM     

Hey guys, I was reading a post earlier from 1969stang or something or other, in the import forum maybe? Said he was swapping motors, from his 302 2v to a 5.0? Hey man thats not the way to go for power. I can give you a few tips, I've got experience with this. Better idea would be a 351... better rod/stroke ratio, and even a built 302 won't easily have as much torque as stock 351s.. and you'll need torque to push those older Mustangs. And a 351 isn't IDEAL for power but its ideal for power for the money.. oh and you said something about if you swapped in the 5.0 you'd convert to MAF... thats a waste of money, if you have speed density, you can reprogram the ecu to accept -any- mods you choose, and it is alot better than spending a few hundred bucks on MAF which you'll have to modify even more in the long run. Anyways, good luck with your ride, and if I was mistaken about what you posted, sorry, It was earlier today

Oh yeah, as far as the 302 not having much stroke.. yeah, you CAN get a stroker kit, a 347... but those things are for race use only, and will DOUBTFUL get over 40k miles tops... 347s are generally crap, and a 351 will do you much better.

PremiumSyzle
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   7:45 PM     

A great ford engine to use would be the '94 and up 351ws.. these are fuel injection, but that shouldn't be a problem. You can deal with the speed density, or you can convert to mass air. With speed density you have to know how to make it accept the changes, and sometimes its a real pain in the ass trying to get a highly modded engine to get the correct air/fuel ratio and still idle worth a shit. Mass air might be a little better. Anyways, the '94+ 351ws, like the lightning motors, are roller ready.. get a roller kit from Ford Racing (cheaper than Comp Cams or Lunati) The kit and lifters will run you $150-$250. Also a steel dist. gear would be a good idea, the bronze ones wear out too fast ...$15. If you've got mass air go for a good cam profile for your new motor.. Roller cammed smallblock fords mmmmm. So much less resistance and friction = more reliability and less horsepower loss. Then get rid of those stock heads or GT40 heads (GT40 heads are crap, very restrictive) if you got it out of a lightning, IRoush 200 heads are the best you can get for the money, like world products casting with a better finish and parts. Get a good set of pistons and quality internals, and then slap a vortech supercharger on that beast. Oh Trick Flow intakes are nice, too. Oh and if you need a good tranny get well rebuilt C4... good int he Mustangs, not quite as strong as the C6s unless rebuilty, but alot less slippage and HP loss. On top of this I'd recommend a 9 inch rear (can get them out of junked Granadas) with a Detroit Locker... mmmm... Stang heaven...

1969Stang
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   7:57 PM     

thanks for the info man...my old 302 was built. it had some really power..then someone told my mom I was racing so I had to sell everything...so it totally stock now...and now I have to sell the car for a lot less then I have into it. but this shit happens. Oh well you live you learn...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
SweetNeon

Re: 1969Stang   Posted Fri Jul 12, 02   12:41 AM     

stock stang lol haha can you say SLOOOOOOOOOOW, fuckin stock car haha wernt you the guy who wanted to race me funny stuff

1969Stang
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Fri Jul 12, 02   8:19 PM     

I will still race you dumb ass. how does that sound pussy... So shut the fuck up. Fuck this lets box. I will kick your shit talking ass. come and back your shit up fag. And yes it is stock now. Engine wise.

SweetNeon

Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   1:56 AM     

like i said you know how to find me

SweetNeon

Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   2:25 AM     

oh and im not much of a fighter but hey if you come down here im down, im more of the type of person to fuck up your life then in-force physical pain but hey i still think my plan is better then yours how does this sound I'll look your name up on the Internet, find out where you live in pamona, check out when your mom and dad goes and comes back from work and you know the rest, I'll tell ya the cool details if you want but how would it feal to know u were responsible for your parents death, if you want war i'll give you fucking war mother fucker

LethalToy

Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   9:12 AM     

and that stupid reply will get you put in jail neon. Uttering threats of that nature, even on the Internet is serious. I recommend you delete this post before it is reported to the authorities. I am quite sure that Erik did not intend for this message board to be used that way either.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
1969Stang
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   7:43 PM     

you know you talk shit and you threaten me and my family but i'm going to give you a chance to just walk away. Then if you don't take the chance to just walk away I may have to make a trip to dots house and I'm sure a couple of other people will want to come see this too...69Chevelle for one...and I'm sure there are more...so just go...I'm not threating you for the fact, but I am telling you. Not to ever fuck with me. Cause I am way out of your league.

SweetNeon

Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   8:40 PM     

despite what you just said to make it look like i came out and threaten ur family that is all ur doing from the point that you opened ur mouth saying u were going to punk me, im just telling ya what you are going to expect when you cross that line in to my world, your down to come here when ever you want u know how to find me and bring all the people you want, instead of telling ya whyz you wont wanta come down here and fuck with me i'll simply put it like this prepare to fuck with 100 angry mexicans that back me in cv, your out of my league? you dont wanta fuck with my mentality no remorse

DOT
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   10:39 PM     

neon you know me you know about a quarter of my crew and you know that unless you fuck with me or some one that I'm down with I don't fuck with you. but when you do fuck with me that is when you go down. you know my crew spans from all over coachella valley all the way to ontario. and you don't want to fuck around so knock your bull shit off.

sweetdevil
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Mon Jul 15, 02   8:07 AM     

ok, slim shady.... calm down. I think fag boy here thinks he's Marshall Mathers.... I'll tell you guys what... DOT is not someone to fuck with, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on his bad side....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
PremiumSyzle
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Tue Jul 16, 02   7:14 PM     

This is a fucking retarded thread I just tried to post some useful info.

1969Stang
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   4:08 PM     

and I thank you for it...really..it just got out of hand...but it was useful and one time...before I lost it...

uglystick
Re: 1969Stang   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   5:25 PM     

100 angry mexicans huh?

were they the ones who called you their bitch in the CYA?

and i grew up in fresno, so i know more angry mexicans than you do. too bad i don't know you... but i'll tell ya this, if you're a white boy like me, don't plan on those angry mexicans backing you up for spouting your mouth off ON THE FUCKING INTERNET!

cut out this bullshit, the both of you. it's silly. lets talk about cars. that's it. if y'all want to race, go to the fuckin track and bet money on that shit. i'm SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of y'all talkin and not backin shit up with any photos or video. get your asses onto the road and have some fun instead of losing your tan while talking shit all day in your basement.

and yes, i'm talking to both of you underage idiots.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
Pages in this thread: (1) 2