This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 6199

JJ420
Can someone help me?   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   7:28 PM     

I have bought a new 2002 explorer XLT, now i have been looking on the net for awhile now and i can't find any mods for my car, yes i know it is an SUV, and i have a long ways to go before i have it the way i want it, but i can't find any coilovers / lowering springs or any thing that will upgrade my engine, is there any place that anyone knows of that has mods for my truck? Please help me out.

1969Stang
Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   8:13 PM     

www.saleen.com is one place http://www.speedfreak.cc/ is a great place...and thats all I can think of right now...but it all depends on the engine...what do you have a 4.6 in there right...if you got the v-8...you should be able to drop a supercharger...if you have the money...try superchargersonline.com but remember it all depends on your warranty...if you do something to it, it may void it. Hope all this helps man.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
uglystick
Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Tue Jun 25, 02   4:56 PM     

belltech sport trucks in fresno, ca. get your 4" drop kit or your 4"/6" drop if you like that look. that is the right way to go. they should have parts for your exploder.

as for the engine, a centrifugal supercharger would be the best least visible/audible way for you to gain lots of good power, again, it's pricey.

other than that, gears would be a huge improvement most likely, custom valve body in your automatic (assuming it's an auto) would make it shift harder, although if it has an AODe, it may mess with the computer's brain and when to shift - resulting in upshift-downshift-upshift-downshift messes on just the right incline. basically, if you get a pro to do it, you'll be set. call 411 and ask for Advanced Transmission Operations (ATO Racing) in Rancho Cordova, CA. Their owner, Jim Somethingorother has been published in many a 'stang mag for his expertise in Ford Automatics. He did the valvebody in my dodge and it's sweeeet.

Good luck with your truck. Remember, when you're done it's not going to make you john force, but it will certainly get out of its own way and probably look a lot more unique. Don't be aiming for the 12's though cause it aint gonna happen...

Jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
JJ420
Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Wed Jun 26, 02   7:01 PM     

thanks guys, i really appreciate the help, and no, i wasn't lookin to run it in the 12's, maybe low 14's, but it is probably going to have more bark than bite when i am done, thanks again for the help

uglystick
Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   10:55 AM     

you bet! good luck with your project. if you have any more specific questions, let me know, i have a good friend who can get you some hot heads for that engine. among other things.

click on my profile and i've got an email address you can contact me on. that would be a fine looking rig with a nice 4/4 drop on it.

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
PremiumSyzle
Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   7:02 AM     

Hey bud, if you drive a Ford Truck, a wonderful place to go for info would be www.fordtrucks.com, the ford truck enthusiast website, and they have a great message board and trust me, you CAN modify the shit out of that somb*tch lol. And who says an SUV can't be fast. Can you say Typhoon?

SweetNeon

Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Fri Jul 12, 02   12:47 AM     

dumb fucking thead

BlownGTP

Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Fri Jul 12, 02   7:19 AM     

whats a thead? lol

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
SweetNeon

Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   2:00 AM     

are you that fuckin stupid to not realize i ment to put thread? i mean come on now we know your a fucking idiot but it don't take a genius to figure that out

BlownGTP

Re: Can someone help me?   Posted Mon Jul 15, 02   7:33 AM     

You have to be the shittiest typer ive ever seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!